z

Young Writers Society

And the nominations are...

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:36 pm
deleted6 says...

Your okay at writing Reichiru
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:23 pm
Rei says...

Wow, what a compliment. I'm okay at writing! Gee. It's nice to know a guy who can't spell my name correctly even though it's right in front of him thinks I'm "okay at writing."

(Please forgive the sarcasm, but he was asking for it.)
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:09 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

At least he complimented you

685 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:12 pm
Rei says...

Do you understand how an inferiority complex works?
Besides, saying that something I put all my love, passion, and effort into, something that I am extremely proud of, something that means everything to me, is just "okay" is no compliment at all. Neither is one given when it's meant soully to make someone feel better, especially when that person didn't need it. What I said before , I was just being silly. Remember, I was one of the ones telling Mattie she shouldn't whine about not getting nominated. So in the end, even if Fontroy's intentions were good, they ended up having a negative effect.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:30 pm
Sureal says...

lol - c'mon, it was just a bad choice of words. I almost agreed with him until I saw your reaction.

You see, you were complaining that you thought everyone didn't like your work.

To which Fonty replied (more or less), 'You're work is okay.'
He didn't mean, 'You're work is just okay.'
Instead, he meant, 'You're work is okay - stop beating yourself up over it.'
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:39 pm
BlueStone says...

Sorry, I'm with Reich on this one... If you don't have anything nice to say about the member then don't say it. The thing to prove is whether that is nice. Of course, that is not my position here to assess these complications and problems. A mod will eventually see this a possible flame war ready to happen, hopefully; they will make decisions accordingly. I would intervene, but many disregard and shun the times that I choose to facilitate these complications. I'm sorry Reich, I cannot abuse my own privalage as a member, in which I hold so dearly in my heart to be that 'member everyone would shoot'... *shakes head* Anyways, I hope you see that my spirit sings for you on this situation, but my physical self is restrained by chains of doubt. You may argue that I am weak in my physical sense, but hopefully the reasons I stated above, are enough to persuade ones' thoughts about my case, as pity. Like I said, I'm a shy boy, merely of 18, without the desire to draw attention to himself. Much love!

~BS

49 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:39 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Exactly I put loads of energy and stuff into my work and when people said it was okay I was happy. Better than having your best friend say its sh*t even if it is there are nicer ways to tell people XD

He was just trying to be helpful

And isn't saying you're okay nice, it's positive and okay you might think you're better then okay (not saying you do) but it's still a positive thing.

685 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:56 pm
Rei says...

Telling someone with an inferiority complex to stop beating herself up is an incredibly stupid thing to do.

And dreaming mouse, I think you're completely misunderstanding me at the moment only serves to make me want to wish I never joined this club rather than make me feel better about what Fontroy said. There is a HUGE difference between the examples you just gave us and the sutuation between Fontroy and myself.

Random avatar

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:36 am
BlueStone says...

*cough* This is where a mod rides in to save the day. *cough*

~BS

49 Reviews

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:39 am
dreaming_mouse says...

Well then you're obviously misunderstanding what I said because I didn't mean to upset anyone. I just think you're being too hard on him when he does sound like he's only trying to make you feel appreciated.

Random avatar

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:39 am
BlueStone says...

Reich, to make you feel better; it's incorrect grammar to say, 'you are okay at writing'. Therefore, no on can analyse anything, unless you wish to judge comments that are ill-written. Just wait for the member to correct his statement, and we'll be on our marry way!

~BS

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:06 am
Sam says...

*cough*

Mr. Grammar, it's 'merry' *cough cough*

Teehee. Couldn't help meself...little OCD...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:16 am
Crysi says...

Thanks for calling the mods, BS.. *cough*

Alright guys, everyone just needs to calm down here. People are taking this way too seriously. If you're on this site, then it's assumed that you're a good writer. That may not be saying enough for some, so read the comments on your stories to see the level at which members here place you. I think everyone here possesses above average writing capabilities (although some could work on spelling and grammar structure) and you shouldn't feel like you're not good enough if you didn't get nominated.

I suggest we all take deep breaths and try to get along. Otherwise, this thread's gonna be locked.
Love and Light

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:44 am
Snoink says...

><;;

I love you guys, you know that, but... PMing is a blessing in this case. You know you are a good writer. Now shush!

I can't wait till the nominations are finally decided on. Then they can all lament over the sad truth: my avvie is the most awesome avvie of them all!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:32 am
Bobo says...

Stop now or I'll lock the thread!

How was that, BS? Hopefully better than this BS. (Sorry, couldn't pass up that opportunity.)

can we just be proud Nate isnt selling his bathwater. yewis celebrities are the best celebrities
— fatherfig