z

Young Writers Society

Post Your Own Pet Thread

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:14 pm
Muse says...

i took my dog to a dog show, and she came second!! We tied a big bow around her neck, she looked so purdy. Won a nice blue rosette. Mm.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:42 am
DarkerSarah says...

Isn't this a cool picture? It's not messed with photoshop or anything. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, though.

That's my doggy, Sabrina. She's a mutt. Isn't she cute?
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:56 am
Boots_snob says...

There's something special about my baby. His names Bango. I don't have any pictures of him though. He died when I was ten. He was the same age as me. But that's not what's so special about him. What is special about him is that he still watches over us. He was the perfect guard dog and he saved my life. He once followed me to school (like Mary's little lamb, but he was a blue heeler) when I was riding so I had to come all the way back home. He grabbed the tyre of our car when we were going out fishing and he went around in circles. My sister freaked 'cause she thought he was dead, but he was alright. Guess you're wondering how he saved my life. When I was three (I think) I crawled out onto the road and he came after me and there was a car coming and he grabbed me and dragged me back inside the fence. He is my hero and I love him. :cry:

I had another dog after him but we were only looking after him and I have no dog unless you count all the ones my reletives have which are about 8 dogs. We have a lot of fish though. And tadpoles I think...
Uniaeca was here
here she was
was she here?
coz she was!

"Crazy? I was crazy once, they wrapped me in a pretty white jacket and put me in a pretty white room. And then the worms came. I hate the worms they were hyperactive"... "Hyperactive? I was hyperactive once..."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:10 pm
little x soldier says...

I'm sorry about special Bango...

Anyways here's Apollo.. New pet home!

I don't know his type in English :( 3/4% dobberman, 1/4% pit bull
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:16 pm
Via says...

Well I know there was a more recent "post your pets pic" thread, but I can't find it for the life of me! So..here I am...

My newest puppy, Chase.......

My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:53 pm
Fishr says...

I've shown these before but... ; )

Poseiden

(Northern Pinesnake)

When he was a wee babe.

One of my pythons. This is Zero. He is 7 years old, going on 8 next Feb. He has been under my care for 6 years.

("Ball" or Royal Python)

The fish tank.

In total, I own three snakes, the tank, two dogs, and a kitty. ; )
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:27 pm
Prosithion says...

We've got three cats (only one of which is mine... so I'll only show a picture of him and my mom's cat)... and some fish, but I don't have any pictures of them.

Superstition

Eppie

She's actually yawning, not hissing, but it's a funny picture.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:30 am
cheeb says...

Jack sleeps on Sundae.

Think Sundae ever gets tired of being a pillow?

Might I add, when she is not a pillow, she's doing the weirdest stuff =/
Yes, that's a stolen tea towel... -_-;
the user formerly known as chibibo

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:21 am
alleycat13 says...

This is a picture of my dog, Emma. I took it with my camera phone while it was on the sepia-tone setting. I think it's a unique picture. I'll post some others soon.
Attachments
emma.JPG
emma.JPG (12.59 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:36 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

That's a pretty cool picture, alleycat!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:20 am
little.angelfire says...

They're all soooo cute!!!!! *must show off her pets becuase she just found this thread*

This is our puppy, Raphael, and my sisters kitty, Beju ^.^

My beautiful kitty, Sweetie (I call her ity bity, though)

And my bf's cat, Piru, that I'm watching until he comes back. He laying under the couch XD

we have an outside cat, too, but no pictures of him. His name is Roofus. And we have another dog (he's ugly) and his name is Chewie

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:09 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I have:

-A bird named Myah (no pictures though)
-An Irish Setter named Skibboreen (or Skippy) but I don't have any pictures really
-A Maine Coon cat named Buddy
-A tabby cat named Willow
-A tabby kitten (maybe seven, almost eight months) named Artemis

There's also Gizmo and Ollie, who are my mom's cats (parents are divorced) but I don't have any up-to-date pictures of them. Oh, and there's also my grandfather's cat Muffy...who is probably going to become my mother's cat.

Here's Buddy:

Buddy thinks he is the king of the house/entire road. Unlike most cats, he will not rush out of the road when a car comes. He takes his time. We adopted him after my cat Mittens died (we adopted him in April of 2004, on Easter. I remember this because we stopped to see him on the way home from my cousin's house, which is where we have Easter) in March. My mom was looking for newspaper ads for kittens because I had always wanted one, but we went and looked at Buddy any way. He was five years old at the time, and the people who had him wanted to find him a new home because they lived on a really busy street. We ended up taking him home. He wasn't super friendly at first (which is so weird, because he's so much more friendlier now and he loves cuddling with me and hiding his head under my hair).

This is my absolute favorite picture of Willow.

So a month after we adopted Buddy, my mom was still looking for a kitten for me. At the time, we only had Buddy...we did have two other cats, Boo-Boo and Jello, but they died a long while before Mittens did. So then she found an ad in the paper for kittens and we went and looked. They lived on a farm where they had all these barn cats and a few (I think) litters of kittens. I can remember kneeling on the floor looking at the different kittens, but I ended up choosing the one who became Willow. She was so small and cute. My mom and sister didn't like the name I chose for her at first but after a few days they liked it. I can remember her sleeping on my pillow right by my head. I wish I had pictures of that.

I've almost lost Willow a grand total of three times. >.> Once by stepping on her when she was a kitten (long story), once because of...suffocation? Kinda? (another long story)...and once because this summer she got sick, and before the vet had run tests and stuff he thought she had...something with her heart. But it just turned out to be something else, and she was nursed back to health.

I took that picture using my cell phone. I absolutely LOVE it.

To show how silly she can be, I'll give this picture, too.

>.> Aww, heack. I'll go ahead and show a picture of her as a kitten, even though it has me in it.

Anyway...

Then there's Artemis.

We adopted him back in...July. My dad's co-worker found him crying outside her house and he almost got run over, so she took him to work and he was going to go to the cat shelter another co-worker runs, but my dad and I volunteered there last winter (because I had to do volunteer work for a sociology class) and the conditions were not the best, so my dad took him home and we ended up keeping him. I wanted to name him Obi-Wan or Orion but my dad wouldn't let me. >.> He's the most vocal cat I've ever had, but he can be a huge sweetheart when he's not being a butthead. I call him butthead a lot because he does annoying things. He's like an annoying little brother with a tail and fur.

Then there's my dog Skippy. Skippy is one of ten puppies that my dog Sly (who died last...April? I think?) had when I was in maybe seventh grade and we ended up keeping. He's already so old. :(

I have a Pionus parakeet named Miyah that we adopted because our family friend couldn't have her any more.

And then...there's my grandfather's cat, Muffy. He lived (he's in a nursing home now) in this elderly complex where there's all these feral cats. Muffy came from there when she was a kitten, along with her siblings. My mom found homes for them. Originally Muffy belonged to someone else but they couldn't keep her any more, so my grandfather took her. He used to have another cat named Ben, but he died maybe a few years before he got Muffy.

You'd seriously think my grandfather paid $1,000.00 for her. She's so pretty and friendly.

My mom has two other cats that came from behind my grandfather's apartment, too. My mom's cat Oliver never actually lived out there but my friend's grandmother (who lived in the same complex) adopted the mother when she was dumped there and then a few days later she had the kittens. My mom had always wanted an orange cat, so when he was ready we got Ollie.

Gizmo came from the very last set of kittens we rescued...he's kind of crazy and a huge scaredy cat.

Okay. Now I'm done. XD

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Loose says...

My Itty Bitty!

That was taken a few months ago, when I opened my drawer and found Bitty had wriggled her way in there.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:23 am
tinny says...

I'm sure I've shown these pictures before... oh well, never mind XD

Our budgie used to play dead. You just put him on the table on his back and he'd lie there doing nothing, or wiggle his legs occassionally. He's learnt how to get up now, so he doen't do this any more :(

He also likes cameras. Put one near him and he wriggles up to try and eat it, so most of the pictures we have are very blurry, like this XD

please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:43 pm
cheeb says...

Hello once again, my good fellows. I'm breaking the rules slightly here, since this was, strictly speaking, my grandparents' dog. But I named him, and we were all fond of him, and as it's about a dog I'm sure nobody will mind.

Thomas was among the friendliest, smartest and most likely the oldest dog I've known, having reached a colossal 17 human years! After the many times we thought the old bugger was dead...

... this time it's for real. Farewell, Thom old bean.

1990 - 2008
the user formerly known as chibibo

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson