z

Young Writers Society

Some Important Changes Coming...

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:45 am
Teeeeo. says...

Ummm... Why do we pay ANOTHER 10 points to EDIT our posts?

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:47 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

yes, i have experience that, and it is very very very very annoying, is it possible to no thave that, because i end up spending lots mor points than i shouldl have.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:31 am
Nate says...

TeodoreLispelle wrote:Ummm... Why do we pay ANOTHER 10 points to EDIT our posts?

Maybe because I don't like your tone.

Or maybe I already know about and am working on it.

Or maybe it's both.

Arg, now I know how other webmasters went from being happy go lucky to completely sour. You expend so much of your time and money into a project such as these, and most of the time you deal with posts like the above. Sorry to single you out Teodore since you're not the only one, but honestly people, if you want help, then be polite about it. I'm really getting tired of running this site and losing fifty bucks a month on it.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:32 am
Crysi says...

Actually, I thought it was pretty clever that we have to spend the points again to edit a post... I mean, otherwise people could just go back and change it, and... okay, nevermind. It made sense in my head, I swear.

Anyway, it's just a trial period right now, so if you don't like it, just hang in there for the rest of the month.

Nate, you've done so much for so many members here! I wouldn't consider it losing fifty bucks per month... Not everyone's going to agree with new decisions, and not everyone's going to like you. But if the majority of members DO, then you've really contributed to the lives of those members. Peace, my friend. :)

By the way, the My YWS thing is really cool! I like how everything's organized there. Great job!
Love and Light

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:49 am
Matt Bellamy says...

What about when mods have to edit someone's post, do we have to pay for that?
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:58 pm
Teeeeo. says...

Sorry for soundin' bitter, I was just a bit knackered at the time...

I was just wonderin' cuz I made alot of spelling mistakes in another post and didn't realize until afterward...
And me being a spelling FREAK, was itching to change it...
And I did. :P

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:01 pm
Nate says...

TeodoreLispelle wrote:Sorry for soundin' bitter, I was just a bit knackered at the time...

I was just wonderin' cuz I made alot of spelling mistakes in another post and didn't realize until afterward...
And me being a spelling FREAK, was itching to change it...
And I did. :P

'tis okay. I went out on you a lot more than I should've.

Anyways, I am working on it. Unfortunately, the solution is not easy.

Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves