z

Young Writers Society

And the nominations are...

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:17 pm
emotion_less says...

Congrats everyone! I hope you all are happy with how it turns out! (Wow so many exclamation points... It's scaring me...) Anyway, you don't need the people on here to tell you if you are nice/a good writer. There are too many people on here to be told that, and this is just narrowing it down to some of the few.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:22 pm
Areida says...

When will the final results be posted? I'm getting curious, LOL...
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:37 pm
Mattie says...

Now I'm just sounding stupid...I don't want any of your nominations or awards if you happen to win later on because I don't deserve them since I obviously don't fit into those catagories. So, let's just drop it and you guys can think of me as stupid for throwing some hissy fit over such a thing for how ever long I stay on this site. Not saying I'm going anywhere but now I'm going to feel really awkward everytime I run into you guys on the site because I acted like such an idiot over this. SO, let's just drop it.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:01 pm
Sureal says...

I don't think of you as stupid :). Everyone has their opinion on everything.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:11 pm
BlueStone says...

Crysi wrote:I think Jack deserves an award for putting this thing together. And I just have to stress this because it sounds like people aren't getting it - THIS WAS FOR FUN. Do you think we would have the category "Person you would most like to shoot" if it wasn't for fun? Come on, people! And I agree with Jack - the reason the "popular" people got voted for is because the "popular" people were the ones voting! AND the "popular" people tend to be the ones who post the most, so those people are more well-known and therefore come to mind before others.

I think everyone should just chill and relax and have fun with this. Don't pout if you didn't get nominated. It isn't a serious thing, and it doesn't mean you're not good at whatever category. I think most of the members here are amazing writers and excellent members. And hey, if you don't like this kind of thing, then go to another thread. It's that simple. You don't have to look at the nominees, you can just enjoy other parts of the site if you want. *shrugs* It's not really a big deal.

Why didn't you just quote my post? :? It would make your comment so much clearer...

For fun ehh? Some catagories were ment to show something or tell something about whom ever they are nominating. It's not a matter of absolute fun when we nominate them, is it? It's fun as a body of work, not while individualised. Every person that was nominated had some trait that paralleled to the catagory. To smooth things out, they (as in nominated) all are somewhat known as the catagory that portrayed them. Yes, it my have an up-ending result has 'fun', but each person was nominated for a reason. It's the site's way of saying thank you to all the members that are known for 'this catagory' [blank]. So as it states, people are having fun with the fact that I'm an ass... *stares*

Ah yes, tis the time to give thanks to the individual who was authorised the responsibility to take on this task. Thank you Jack for displaying the most sweet and unusual parts of the board. Such a man of your stature should assume that we all give thanks to you in our hearts even though we do not say it. I am a shy boy, merely of 18, that doesn't like too much attention; so if you mind, please excuse my late commendations.

Tata for now!

~BS

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:15 am
Rei says...

I would like to add a third voice to commending Jack for his efforts. However, I am also curious to see who he's chosen.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:20 am
Elizabeth says...

Hehehe just as suspected nada for me.... oh well... i like being in this overly depressed state of mine... wow, not even funny.... :is overly depressed and happy for it...: YAY :D nice job sam.... and hunter... and yoshi... and people....

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:46 am
Sam says...

Life is good...

Other Sam, you're so selfless...lol...I wouldn't give up my blog nomination if you came running at me with a flamethrower.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Winners will be announced on Monday.

Sorry for the wait, I've been pretty busy, it's my birthday tomorrow and I'll be out all day.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:35 pm
Areida says...

Your birthday tomorrow?!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACK!! \:D/
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

685 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:42 pm
Rei says...

YAY JACK! Happy Birthday! ;)

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:46 am
Elelel says...

Yay!!! Another reason for me to throw confettii and streamers and stuff!!!
*throws conffettii and streamers and stuff*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

685 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 am
Rei says...

Not to stomp on everyone's birthday fun, but let's not get off topic here. Perhaps we should start a new topic for Jack's YWS birthday bash.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:12 am
Chevy says...

Yes! I'm nominated. At first I didn't even know I was on there...
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

685 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:34 pm
Rei says...

You know what I just noticed? Brad's the only one here we refer to by real name if different from his penname.

WAH! I wish you guys liked my writing and not just my reviewing. Ha-rumph.

Revision is one of the exquisite pleasures of writing.
— Bernard Malamud