z

Young Writers Society

Who's your idol?

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu May 12, 2005 2:30 am
DarkerSarah says...

Twiggy is my idol.

Really, she is. She made being thin desirable. Without her, girls like me would be out of luck.

I jest.

Seriously, I admire great writers like Hugo and Tolstoy. Blah, blah. But my mom is an amazing human being. Shakespeare has nothing on that woman.

Chevy: I used to have Jennifer Knapp's original CD. Or...maybe her second her second. Kansas? That was her first, right? Anyway, I loved it, but I lost it down the path of my discovering secular music. *SIGH*
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu May 12, 2005 2:37 am
Nai says...

Who is Twiggy
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

137 Reviews

Thu May 12, 2005 2:42 am
DarkerSarah says...

Aniar: Twiggy is a model from the 60's who was very tall and thin. Models before her had been more on the curvy side, she is one of, or possibly THE model that made being tall and stick thin sexy. See her here She kind of looks like Mischa Barton in that piccy.[/url]
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Wed May 18, 2005 6:24 pm
Harley says...

Chevy: care to explain why you're calling me "typical"?
Hawk: that's why i like her! she wears what she wants- she wants to wear a tu-tu and combat boots, she wears a tu-tu and combat boots! she's her own person, she's unique, she's Avril Lavigne. I don't care what anyone says- they can call her a "poser", a "phoney" ar even a "fake". You can't deny she has talent, for one thing, and for another, i like her, and i'm not gonna let anyone bring me down for it.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed May 18, 2005 8:38 pm
Galatea says...

Hate to break it to you honey, but she is not talented. Being unique and being talented are two very different things. She WAS unique when she came out. Now she's just one of many. Perhaps the first of many, but this late in the game that doesn't matter.

Rene Flemming is talented, Sumi Jo is talented, Eva Cassidy is (was) talented. Talent is more than just audience appeal. It's raw ability, technical mastery, knowledge and study of theory, imagination, an ability to ignore the masses. Talent is NOT screaming lyrics into a microphone at the top of your lungs with a nasty nasal intonation.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed May 18, 2005 8:40 pm
deleted6 says...

Steven Spielberg because he has great films and because i want to be a director when i am older
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu May 19, 2005 1:59 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Stephen Spielberg directed that piece of horrid filth that is Last Samurai, placing a white man as the last of the samurai?
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

Random avatar

Thu May 19, 2005 6:09 am
deleted6 says...

wat i never seen that film i seen Jurrasic Park 1 2 3 and soon 4 also ET Back to the Future ect
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.

137 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2005 6:17 am
DarkerSarah says...

Stephen Spielberg directed that piece of horrid filth that is Last Samurai, placing a white man as the last of the samurai?

I liked that movie. I mean, he was an American soldier...he had to be white! Even if you weren't fond of the script, it was well-directed. You know, I had no idea Stephen Spielberg directed that movie. He directed Catch Me if You Can, and I really liked that movie.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction

Random avatar

Thu May 19, 2005 6:25 am
deleted6 says...

Yeah that film was great u know it based on a true story

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri May 20, 2005 3:01 pm
Harley says...

Whether Avril Lavigne is talented or not is mainly a matter of opinion- but she can sing. Okay, I really like her, is that wrong or something? The thread is about posting your idol, not criticizing people because they think differently to you.

I think Stephen Spielberg is an excellent director- he did Schindler's List, right? Now that is an amazing movie- really powerful, totally unbelievable to start off with, brings to light the crucial realisation that that war was probably the most horrific of our history (in my opinion, anyway).

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri May 20, 2005 5:47 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

He has done a lot of very good stuff, however, the tripe that is last samurai should never have been made, and that puts him on par with tom cruise in my book (self indulgent, egotistical, holywood trash)
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

Random avatar

Fri May 20, 2005 5:53 pm
deleted6 says...

One Movie come on that does not give you a reason to hate him

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri May 20, 2005 7:08 pm
Galatea says...

actually, it does.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Random avatar

Fri May 20, 2005 7:10 pm
deleted6 says...

Well he my Idol so i think he is a good Director

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor