What is your fav movie?

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:46 pm
Muse says...

Reichieru pretty much just put all of mine

Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal
All the Star Wars movies, especially the original three.
LOTR
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away

Oh, The neverending story!! And Edward Scissorhands. And.......pirates of the carribean.

And mary poppins, and chitty chitty bang bang
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:19 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

hekategirl wrote:
dreaming_mouse wrote:OMG! I forgot about Team America! T_T that film was just gross at points though with the whole continuous puking, I was just about to leave for a second when eh finally stopped lol. And David Bowie is hot in that film! I think it's the make-up...and the accent...even though I have the same one...whatever he's just fit :oops:

Monty Python is hilarious but I don't like his meaning of life, I watched that round my mates the other day and we live right next to a graveyard. I couldn't stop thinking about the Death character walking home lol. I hate the bit where the guy keeps throwing up and then explodes, yuck. Holy Grail is the best one, with the Robin Hood songs lol

What????? throwing up??? exploding??? robin hood songs??? those aren't in the holy grail!

The throwing up and exploding are in The Meaning of Life, the robin hood songs are though. He's walking along and a guy is sining about him being a coward and stuff.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:29 pm
Kay Kay says...

I like pirates of the carribean too...mainly cuz Johnny Depp(don't know if i spelled it write) is absolutely HOTT!! Orlando Blume is too...I can't wait till the second pirates of the carribean comes out...Johnny Depp is in it!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:23 pm
Firestarter says...

OMG! I forgot about Team America! T_T that film was just gross at points though with the whole continuous puking, I was just about to leave for a second when eh finally stopped lol.

What are you talking about? That was like the funniest bit!

"A flying Limo, now I've seen everything!"....."Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?"...."No." ....."Then you haven't seen everything."

Heehee.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:45 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

At the moment it's Constantine, but it's constantly changing.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:55 pm
Lollipop says...

I ove LOTR The Return if the King! It's the best!!! And that film Princess Mononoke. And I like The never ending story too and all the scary films in existence. lol

~Lollipop~
Last edited by Lollipop on Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Way hay!!!!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:57 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Firestarter wrote:
OMG! I forgot about Team America! T_T that film was just gross at points though with the whole continuous puking, I was just about to leave for a second when eh finally stopped lol.

What are you talking about? That was like the funniest bit!

"A flying Limo, now I've seen everything!"....."Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?"...."No." ....."Then you haven't seen everything."

Heehee.

Lol it was gross! My friend was so funny when that actor guy had to dumdedum...the other guy. I was like "They're puppets! It's not real, stop screaming!" lol

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:15 pm
Rei says...

Yahoo Muse! It's cool to find people who share my tastes. I don't care what anyone says, Labyrinth is not a kiddie movie. It's a contemporary fairy tale! And no way is anyone going to tell me fairy tales are just for kids.

I'm probably going to enjoy the pirates sequel, but only if they used the same writers and director. Still, it seems wrong to messing something special like that. I guess they think they'll end up with the same results, which is not likely. You don't get something that special on purpose, particularly if you are motivated by profit.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:22 am
Laeorn says...

The Lion King, The Incredibles, Toy Story 2, Spirited Away, The Nightmare Before Christmas, My Neighbour Totoro, and Aladdin are all great animated movies.

In terms of live action stuff:
Lord of the Rings - it's sort of a given, particularly if you count all three extended editions.
High Fidelity - one of the greatest and most true movies about relationships out there. Everyone in it is perfect for their part, and very little was lost from Hornby's book.
Army of Darkness - It's Bruce Cambell kicking undead ass while spouting some of the greatest one-liners in cinema history. What's not to love?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail - pure comedy classic, and the best Monty Python movie. African swallows, Tim, farting in general directions, the Black Knight dismemberment, spankings, huge tracts of land, etc...all great.
Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - I like Snatch too, although Snatch doesn't really do anything Lock Stock didn't do first, despite being more polished. Fun way to spend a couple of hours in front of the TV.
Goldeneye - one of the best Bond movies and a good movie in its own right.
Robocop - my guilty pleasure. It's such a hilariously violent movie and somehow still holds relevance today with regards to everything the movie pokes fun at through the news broadcasts and commercials. Besides, Kurtwood Smith as a cold-blooded killer is completely priceless. If only he ruled his That 70's Show family with such an iron first, as well as with an 18A rating for excessively large blood bags gushing everywhere.
Sideways - a recent favourite of mine. Like the director's previous About Schmidt, the movie tells a moving story of people in depressing situations without bringing you down. All the performances are great, especially that of the main character (I can't believe I've forgotten the actor's name already).
Being John Malkovich / Adaptation / Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - quirky and fun, all three. Charlie Kaufman is a genius. It doesn't hurt that I like all the actors in the movies - John Cusack, John Malkovich, Nicolas Cage, and Jim Carrey all do a great job with their respective roles. Though while I love all three, Adaptation holds a more special place in my heart due to the often hilarious ways the character drives himself nuts while trying to think of things to write. I do much the same thing.
Good Morning, Vietnam - there's really nothing to say about this movie that everyone doesn't already know. It's a role tailored perfectly for Robin Williams in a script that as Ebert puts it, forces Williams into evolving his character. It's funny, moving, and beautiful all the way through.
The Rundown - one of the few good straight-up action movies pushed out in the past decade. It's nothing new, nothing particularly unique, but it works so well on so many levels. It may not be this century's Army of Darkness, but it's still fun.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:52 pm
Areida says...

Muse wrote:Reichieru pretty much just put all of mine

Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal
All the Star Wars movies, especially the original three.
LOTR
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away

Oh, The neverending story!! And Edward Scissorhands. And.......pirates of the carribean.

And mary poppins, and chitty chitty bang bang

Rawk on, Muse!! I love Mary Poppins. I like to get the "It's a Jolly Holiday" song stuck in everybody's head...mwahahaha...I walk around singing "Oooo It's a jolly holiday with Keeelleeey....Kelley makes your heart so liiiiight..." and then people throw things at me. But I don't care. :D :twisted: :mrgreen:

And I adore the geese and the penguins. They're my favourites. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:15 pm
Kay Kay says...

Laeorn I agree with everything you said. Penguins and Guese(or how ever it was you said it) LOL!! Oh my gosh!! THis is so funny
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

If fortis was here, we could have a teal party
— Pompadour