z

Young Writers Society

Do you have a phobia?

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:44 am
Sponson Light says...

Oh god I hate that jerking part.
You know thats your lucid dreaming? You feel like your falling and you acutally "fall".
Then you wake up from your lucid dream. Its a freaken lucid dream! I wish itd be more useful other than falling!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:57 am
Ego says...

My only fear is that of being insignificant, replaced, or otherwise useless. Which is rather large, considering the size of the world. I'll walk into a crowded street and totally freak out and panic and yeah it's really friggin awesome. I'm the same way at parties. Exceptions include situations where I know many people or am disctracted to the extene that I don't notice the number of people. If left to my won devices, I end up counting heads and wondering, if every person has the same kind of brain, and if everyone's mind is as limitless as my own, how existence has enough space to fit them all.

...yeah.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:36 am
Carmina says...

I have two normal ones and a weird one.
Normal:
1) Claustrophobia. On a flight from San Fransisco to London, I started freaking out over Iceland. I felt like there wasn't enough air on the plane and I had visions of throwing open the emergency door to get soem real air.
2) Crowds. I almost didn't attend my own college graduation because there would be THOUSANDS of people on the football field and they all would be between me and the nearest exit. If I hadn't ended up in the second row right by the exit, I probably would have freaked out and left.
Weird
3) Old people...well specifically old-folks homes, but old people remind me of the homes so... Isn't that horrible? I had a traumatic experience in a convelescant hospital as a small child. I've been horrified of getting old and ending up in a place like that ever since.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:39 am
Elizabeth says...

Becoming invisable
Having others surpass me in things I love
Death
Child birth
Children
(especially babies)

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:55 am
Emma says...

I have a very strong fear of spiders. I can't be in the same room as them, I can't even squash a baby spider. Infact, I can't even go near a dead baby spider. It is just the thought of them.

Once I had a spider on me, I screamed and I was crying. Once it was off, I was shaking and found it hard to breathe. The thought of them makes me shiver.

I also have a fear of bird poo. :P

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:11 am
Crysi says...

spiders
things very large or very small (like icebergs or atoms)
demons/shadows

i've found i can get claustrophobic, and i can go into a panic attack in crowds. also, if i think about really intense stuff, like brad's philosophies and such.

and suicide. i'm always afraid of panic attacks and suicide and self harm.
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:48 pm
Bobo says...

I'm afraid of finals. I think that's about the biggest fear I can think of right now. Finals is one of those times that turns atheists into theists instantly.

I heard a phrase once: "There are no atheists in war." There are no atheists during finals.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:37 pm
*Twilight* says...

I don't have many phobias but, my biggest one is cockroaches I hate them.
One time I had to sleep on the floor when we visited my grandma's and that night I woke up with a big roach on my face. I'm sure you can imagine my reaction. I imediately ran to the bathroom and washed my face till it hurt. I don't really know why I hate them cause I love bugs any bug except roaches.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:13 pm
Fool says...

Well, i think my two worst fears are fairly strange. One is cows. Yes, the white and black things in a field. Can't stand them, will avoid at all costs, and im not sure why...one of those irrational things. The other? People cracking their knuckles. It's just really really wrong... very bad...totally freaks me out every time.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:36 pm
*Twilight* says...

I've seen many people who don't like the cracking knuckles sound. One person I know can't stand the sound of a fingernail clipper. :lol:
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:08 pm
deleted6 says...

I'm afraid of Heights.

Acrophobia-Fear of Heights.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:23 pm
zelithon says...

"Well, i think my two worst fears are fairly strange. One is cows."
Will you eat them? \:D/
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:29 pm
Mattie says...

Crowds...
But at the moment phobia would have to be what Bobo said: Finals...I suck at Geometry even though I'm passing. Everything else will be easy, but it's just the fact that I have to take them is what scares me. But hey, it's almost Christmas by then! Oh, and one more: giving birth. I mean, what if your baby turns out with a disorder? Would you really want to take care of it? My mom says you would, but I think otherwise. Isn't that sad? It's like, I'm being discriminating towards a child that hasn't even been born yet. Some people also say you sometimes poop...wouldn't that be horrible?! Here you are, trying to deliver this baby, and you poop! How embarrassing...
Now that I think of it, that'd be pretty funny. LOL...I crack myself up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:59 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Then you wake up from your lucid dream. Its a freaken lucid dream! I wish itd be more useful other than falling!

Me too...You'd think my mind would give me something fun to do...

Having others surpass me in things I love

I HATE that! *slaps his ego. DOWN EGO! DOWN!* Especially when you introduce someone to something that you love, and the next day they've done it like...10x better than you! Argh!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:08 am
zelithon says...

My ego is also badl trained; I had to get it a muzzle.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind