z

Young Writers Society

DREAMS!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:52 pm
Zion says...

wow cool! read the back pages? I had even weirder things than that.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:00 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Aye, I've read the back pages...

I'm not too hot at controlling things in my dreams... I can do lots of things in my friends mansion, but not by myself... Something about him being there... *shrugs*

That and I very rarely remember images... unless someone in the dreams comes and tells me to look at something, or I make a point of looking at a specific thing... I don't remember pictures, just sounds and feelings... It gets really annoying...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:07 pm
Sureal says...

Sounds like you just have poor recall to me.

To improve your recall, just do the following::
- when going to sleep, repeat the mantra 'I will remember my dreams' in your head, until you either fall asleep or get bored of doing it (though doing it until you fall asleep is better).

Do that for about a week, and you should find your recall gets far better (after doing that for a couple of days, I could remember around three dreams every night in good detail).

Out of curiosity - were you lucid when you were in your freind's mansion?
I wrote the above just for you.

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:07 pm
Zion says...

Yeah, somtimes it does. Come to think of it why dont you just move into the mansion? :lol: :D :P ;)
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

447 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:11 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* uh... well... I might move in... but I'll have to run that by my friend first... after all... he's already got one dream me living there... he might not want another wacko wandering around... lol

and yes, I'm lucid in his mansion.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:15 pm
Sureal says...

Why don't you make you're own dream home? Set up some security thingies (I know a couple of people who set up alarms and retina scanners, cos weird people kept on showing up) to keep your privacy if you want ;).

How do you become lucid? Does your freind tell you your dreaming, or do you just know (a natural like Arvandor)? Or do you use a tech (like me)?

447 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:18 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Um... not exactly sure which of those it is... If I see my friend I start looking around to see if anything odd is around, and there almost always is... like two moons, or things that move on thier own and such... If I see things like that, I know I'm dreaming...
Boo. SPEW is watching.

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:23 pm
Sureal says...

Sounds kindda like a tech. You see what is called a 'dreamsign' (in this case, you're freind) and check to see if you're dreaming (by looking for anything odd in the world) :).

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:30 pm
Zion says...

Sureal, you really are into those stuff do you? :D How and why did you start examing those things?

Immanuel Kant

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:43 pm
Sureal says...

I started learning to dream lucidily just over a year ago (1st Feb, 2004). I staretd learning, cos I had had a single LD naturally years ago, and really wanted another (cos it was so cool).
During my year of practice, I picked up loads (and loads and loads) of stuff up at the ld4all site and forum (which I'm now a mod on).

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:44 pm
Zion says...

I just joined there whats your nick?

Immanuel Kant

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:46 pm
Sureal says...

Sureal, just like here ;). I use it everywhere :).

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:59 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Ooh, I'd love to lucid dream...I think I had one a while ago, by accident...*ponders all the things she would do in a dream with a certain someone if she could lucid dream*
I'd like to share a dream with someone...you know what would be really cool? If I could contact someone while we're both sleeping and to tell him stuff...then he'd remember it in the morning but think it was just a dream...or I could tell him I'll be wearing a red t-shirt the next day and turn up in the red t-shirt so he'd think it was the real me in his dream and be freaked out...not that I want to freak him out...I'm rambling...I'll shut up...
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:14 pm
Sureal says...

You could probably use LD'ing and shared dreaming (I'm assuming it's possible here, cos it hasn't been scientifically proved) to get somone to fancy you, easily enough.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:18 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

How long does it take to learn how to lucid dream and share dream, if you can learn to share dream?
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller