z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Cup II

863 Reviews

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:27 pm
Morrigan says...

I will have limited internet access from March 6th to the 14th-- you said not to post reviews in groups, but I might have to to stay in the competition. However, would this disqualify me?
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:12 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

@Morrigan That's fine. You are being sportsmanslike by giving advance warning! It's more for when somebody posts all their reviews at the last second so their opponent can't respond.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 pm
View Likes
Morrigan says...

Thanks, Firestarter! :)
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:24 am
Corncob says...

Sounds like the Hunger Games! Thank you for clearing all my questions up. Very excited!!

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:35 am
Pretzelstick says...

1morestupidlovesong wrote:Sounds like the Hunger Games! Thank you for clearing all my questions up. Very excited!!

@CHRISSY321 this is him talking about YWS cup and I thought l that you might like this perspective, :D 8)
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:08 pm
Rin321 says...

Haha! Thanks! :P
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 pm
Firestarter says...

We currently have 29 participants. This means if the YWS Cup was to start now, three competitors would get a first round bye, meaning they would breeze through into the second round without even having to review! The other 26 competitors would face off in 13 individual matches.

Do you want this to happen? No? Then recruit me 3 more people!

32 people is also the maximum number I will allow to compete so if you're on the fence, it's first come, first serve!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:42 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Buggiedude2340, won't this be a fun way to test whose reviewing skills are the best? @Wolfie36, I think you should have a go at this as well, then all three Wolf-Musketeers can participate.

Finally, I have another person I am sure will fare excellently in this challenge, but I am slightly afraid of mentioning this to him. After all, he did manage to earn, ALL of his blue stars in one year: @TimmyJake, I think it is about time you were on the competing end of a reviewing contest.

Finally, I have a question for you, @Firestarter - do we have to keep a log of our reviews, or will you be doing that for us? The monthly log only keeps track of the top fifteen.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 pm
Firestarter says...

@AstralHunter I will keep track of the reviews for you. The leaderboards have several options on the left hand side that give you the full list, not just the top 15. I will be using the review count on each person's profile to compare the total at the start versus the total at the end, as well as these full leaderboards.

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:23 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, all right. Thank you for clarifying!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:44 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Sign me up!
And @AstralHunter Timmyjake is retired and only able to visit on weekends and such. Otherwise I agree he would win hands down
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:59 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, thank goodness! *is able to breathe again*
— Paul the Apostle

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:20 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Gravity wrote:Timmyjake is retired and only able to visit on weekends and such. Otherwise I agree he would win hands down

I agree that Timmy is a good reviewer and would certainly rock if he entered this contest, but I think that everyone has a fair chance at winning. Just saying. >_>
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:47 pm
View Likes
Juniper says...

Well, if you need another person, sign me up. :D
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

293 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:58 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yay! One more to go.

Wait, why am I yaying? A person with two purple stars just joined. :shock:

*dies*
— Paul the Apostle

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper