Reviews: 425

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:51 pm
Firestarter says...

to insure that all threads are kept on topic, does not apply to the Lounge

#-o

Why have a couple of people picked me for a philosophical debate? It would just end up with me either slating the other person or me concluding that I am far cleverer than them., and not have any relevance to what we were discussing.

I have an answer for question 2 now! Tara! Though Z is right -
There just isn't enough people to fully keep the 'stranded race' going. Eventually there will be some sort of inter-breeding. Plus, with the current medical supplies on the island, giving birth would be a terrible risk.

Heh. Smart-ass.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:55 pm
Guest says...

Nate wrote:Please stay on topic :)

:oops: Sorry... :oops:

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:27 am
ZZAP says...

My ultimate A$$ness is what makes me true to my fellows. That is all. \:D/

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:35 am
Zion says...

Deloclya wrote:
Arvandor wrote:Sure hope so Crys, sure hope so :P 8)

Of course, thats you... :D :roll:

FOr that I will answer with the new smilies!

\:D/
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:41 am
Nate says...

Final Warning:

This thread will be locked if any future off-topic posts are made. The intent of this thread was to answer a quiz, and thus idle posting defeats the purpose of this thread.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:53 pm
niteowl says...

And I really need to listen to a chimp with sunglasses. :roll:

jk Nate here's my on-topic part:

1. Philosophy? I hate philosophy! Besides, we probably won't be rescued and I prefer to spend my time on the island in a delightful insanity. So someone who could possibly assist me in that. Probably Tara cuz I read somewhere she's a night owl too.

2. When I am spending my days in a delightful insanity, I cannot take care of the future generation, so why bother creating them?

3. Somebody fat who hasn't posted.

4. Hmm this will have to happen before I go truly insane. Let's think... I read somewhere that Firestarter is good at description but bad a character development. Everyone says I have good characters but bad description. So if we collaberated we could write the perfect novel!

5. Crysi has dragons. 'Nuff said.

1 book! Just one book! Well in that case then the second Abarat. Now there's a book that no sane person should take as the only book they have for the rest of their lives. It will propel me into delightful insanity as well.

1 CD. A Backstreet Boys album. Doesn't really matter which one. That will most certainly drive me insane. But a good insane. I thought about Evanescence but concluded that will probably make the insanity a little less delightful.

Ice cream sundaes. Practical, no, sugary and delightful, yes. Preferably from Cold Stone Creamery.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:24 pm
Sam says...

Nate- this has to do with the thread. *lol*

I agree with niteowl. Evanescence is depressing and Cold Stone is awesome. You going to share?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:30 pm
Firestarter says...

Hmm this will have to happen before I go truly insane. Let's think... I read somewhere that Firestarter is good at description but bad a character development. Everyone says I have good characters but bad description. So if we collaberated we could write the perfect novel!

Haha! Good point! Though I feel I am getting better ar character development these days, I've read a lot more tips about it. But I'm sure we would do a good novel now I think about it! I bagsie having my name first on the book :D
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:55 am
-KayJuran- says...

firestarter i chose u cuz of how u seem
2 have a lot 2 say in the debate section

\:D/

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:09 am
Tara says...

hmmm...~*looks back*~ I think I'd like to change the book I bring to one entitled
"So your stuck on a dessert Island? 10, 000 things to keep you occupied while at the same time helping you construct devices that will aide you in getting off the Island so you don't go insane from boredom and lack of hope, unless you are already insane in which case this book also includes a guide to helping you along the path to dragging others nto insanity with you. So there!"

~*goes off to amazon.com*~ Hey! they have it on sale!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:27 am
Nai says...

:cry: :-({|= i'd do this but i don't know anyone :( :oops:

(eh, give it 2-3 weeks)

145 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:11 pm
Tara says...

Hehe, it takes only a short amount of time to get to know ppl here :wink:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

145 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:58 am
Tara says...

this thread is so much fun, couldn't let it fall!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:48 am
Nai says...

Well I feel i'm ready to take this test so here it goes...

1. Probably Brad because I like his philosophies alot on religion

2. I'm gonna be brave ::inhales:: ::exhales:: , if it had to be someone from YWS...lol...Tara
(guarantee it will be awkward)

3. I don't think I would have the stomach to eat a person so i'll pass on this one too

4. Crysi, I really really like the way she writes anything

5. lol Tara or Meshalidar

also, ummmmmmm oh, A Survival Guide? ::shrugs::

and a CD i burned from Napster with all my favorite songs :D

and SHRIMP FETTACCINE ALFREDO
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats