z

Young Writers Society

Official YWS Marriages

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 pm
SisterItaly says...

Wanna know a great thing Ben? This DOESN'T just focus on writing! It focuses on art too! Now I agree that we shoudl be focusing on the purpose of the site, but what's life without a little fun? Haven't you heard people joke around and go "Yes, she's totally my wife" Or "He's my loveh boy"? If you haven't open your eyes and ears.

People joke about being married all the time. My friend and I pretend we're married, we even went as far as to buy each other (plastic) wedding rings with (not) Real diamonds! My other friends even held a fake marriage when they pretended to be husband and wife. After that, they pretended to get divorced to! It's all in the random fun of things.

So shush you. Don't be a stick in the mud.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 pm
Aet Lindling says...

lol at pazzle and dazzle unknowingly trolling each other
dun worry
it's all gun be k

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 am
Firearris says...

Day wrote:I'm not trying to ruin anyone parade or anything, but seriously? I think that internet relationships are fine and if people want to talk about that kind of thing on the chat it is also fine. We are a writing website focused on writing and lately there has been so much relationship talk. I'm in no way saying it's a bad thing, but I feel that having a stickied thread and offering services to Marry people is sort of a stretch. It's very nice to meet new people online and become friends, but I feel that marriage is a very strong word so to say. I don't feel that a writing website for a young audience (primarily in their teens) should focus on marriage. Once again you may say it is all fun and games, but it does hinder the primary focus of the website.

Before replying to me I want you to know that I expect a lot of messages trying to contradict what I've said in a way that doesn't mention the fact that this is a writing site ages for youths. Also don't use the excuse that it is all fun and games, I want some serious answers (if you plan on replying) as to why this is necessary for a sticky, going to this level or at all. If you don't reply than I will no that I'm right though.

My opinion,

Day

Says the guy who continued to insist that he had married me even though he didn't and who decided to tell a handful of YWSers that they were his and my children? I have to say, Day, you are a hypocrite. The funny thing is, no matter how much I denied any of that, you persisted in saying it or referring to me as your ex-wife. You have no room to say this is all stupid when you have forced such upon other people so much in the past.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 am
Day says...

@Puzzle - You proved my point in saying that you had to refer to it being fun. As for you mentioning art how does marrying people online have anything to do with that?
@fire - I guess your one of those people who believe people can't change because in the past month I've grown to think much differently. You may refer to the past, but this is the here and now.

Please come up with a logical reason that doesn't have to do with the past or fun guys. If you can come up with a logical reason then I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but so far you haven't presented any solid reasons why it isn't wrong.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Day wrote:so far you haven't presented any solid reasons why it isn't wrong.

I haven't seen any solid reasons why it is wrong.

My suggestion is, if you don't agree with it, don't go along and just ignore it. I do that all the time, online or in real life, and it works pretty well. :)
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:05 am
Lumi says...

Day, I'm going to be very, very frank with you, and I'll try not to sound mean or demanding. If you don't like something, don't delve into it. If you don't want to fake-marry anyone, then don't. If the idea of YWS Marriages ticks you off that badly, then I'd honestly suggest that you not return to read this thread again...plain and simple.

Other than that, it's best to host intelligent arguments when you don't tell the opponent debater what they can and cannot say. If you'd like to debate this, then have at it in the debate forums. But breathe, relax, and stop reading this thread. It's clearly frustrating you.

-Lumi
Last edited by Lumi on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 am
Bloo says...

Ranger Hawk wrote:
Day wrote:so far you haven't presented any solid reasons why it isn't wrong.

I haven't seen any solid reasons why it is wrong.

This.

I fail to see how a ten-minute chat ceremony and then some spousal nicknames end up hurting the site. Plus, if anything, they help. You have to pay, so you need to review to get the points for it.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

192 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 am
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

Day wrote:@Puzzle - You proved my point in saying that you had to refer to it being fun. As for you mentioning art how does marrying people online have anything to do with that?
@fire - I guess your one of those people who believe people can't change because in the past month I've grown to think much differently. You may refer to the past, but this is the here and now.

Please come up with a logical reason that doesn't have to do with the past or fun guys. If you can come up with a logical reason then I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but so far you haven't presented any solid reasons why it isn't wrong.

After you've done that I would like you guys to present me with a solid reason as to why Yorkshire pudding when coupled with spare tires isn't wrong also.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

126 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am
Day says...

@Aet - That made no sense and was sort of spam quality. Very obvious your mad, and cannot debate an issue in an adult way. Guess that's what happens when you're 100+ XD

@Bolt - That was finally the first actual reason that it could be beneficial to someone, congrats.

@Ranger - that's what I'm doing.

@Lumi - This thread is far from frustrating me it's actually making myself feel happy because at the moment Bolt is the only one who made a valid point as to why it is helpful, thus I'm winning this case.

the reason I just don't want to take that answer Bolt is that it is FAR from just a few minute dialog of people getting married, in the chat and while talking to other users through different means most constantly rant on about people they love, etc, etc.

Thus to some it up I feel that so far you've given a decent reason that involves people making reviews to get points, but it simply isn't enough.

192 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 am
Aet Lindling says...

day, you kind of fail at pretending my argument went over your head

On a hypocritical note, let's get back to a friendly topic.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:41 pm
Bloo says...

Day, you are mixing up YWS Marriage with Online Relationships. This marriage is about a joke, online relationships is about dating someone. I don't think I've ever seen someone rant and rave about their fake husband/wife in chat. You;re acting like by doing this they are actually dating/in love.

Aet, my boy, there is no reason. That is just an abomination.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 pm
Idraax says...

Quick question. If you get married on YWS, do you get a special icon next to your name saying that you are married to "so and so?"
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 pm
BondGirl007 says...

idraax wrote:Quick question. If you get married on YWS, do you get a special icon next to your name saying that you are married to "so and so?"

Nope xD It's just kind of an official unofficial thing. Aaallthough that would be kinda cool.

Also this thread made my day, I got so many laughs out of you sillies and your pointless arguing. :P
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

126 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 am
Day says...

BondGirl007 wrote:
idraax wrote:Quick question. If you get married on YWS, do you get a special icon next to your name saying that you are married to "so and so?"

Nope xD It's just kind of an official unofficial thing. Aaallthough that would be kinda cool.

Also this thread made my day, I got so many laughs out of you sillies and your pointless arguing. :P

Sad moderators think it was pointless. I was very serious and I'll probably end up sending nate a message.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 am
irishfire says...

I can haz husband/wife please?
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening