z

Young Writers Society

EMO, UNITE! FORM OF: THREAD!

What is your favorite emo band?

My Chemical Romance
30%
Alkaline Trio
3%
Green Day (YES, THEY ARE EMO, at least now)
18%
The Used
6%
Death Cab for Cutie
6%
Finch
No votes
All-American Rejects
3%
Other
6%
NAI! You started an EMO thread! The next time I see you I will strangle you with an American flag!
27%

Total votes : 33

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm
Sponson Light says...

aka emotionally extreme, high highs and low lows.

Emo music are just people who dont feel like whining about their problems but instead sing about it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:34 pm
Bjorn says...

They should die to spare us their inner agonies then... Give me some good Death/Viking Metal and that's as close to anything relating to emo as I go. .....

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:02 am
Sponson Light says...

http://punksandnerds.com/comics/0001a.gif

its true to the least.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:05 am
zelithon says...

Death Cab for Cutie
:twisted:
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:54 am
Tara says...

Phoenix wrote:Green Day is far too political to be Emo....

--Dono

I've gotta agree. Plus, there's not very much, "my life is such a black abyss, I'm just gonna go sulk in that corner while my tears streak my face with black mascara" in Green Day.

(No, I'm not bashing Emo, btw, I have absolutely nothing against Emo.)
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:04 am
Nai says...

Yeah, I see where your coming from, your both right..

::glances back at poll::

:o 7 people want to end my life by strangling me to death with something that supposedly symoblizes freedom? All because I like emo music? lmao

C'mon everyone, why bash emo music? Aren't we better than that? It's singing, poetry, instruments, and a fashion statement, not a way of life.
Do you think any of them actually intend to complain about life in their lyrics? Everyone thinks they're smart by being able give emo music some crude label marked "whiny". And the people who usually give things labels like that go by assumptions based on things only they know.

Bottom line is, just because you hear a couple songs on the radio about self-inflicted wounds and depression, it doesn't give you a reason to criticize and degrade anyone who listens to it.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:49 am
sabradan says...

Then you shouldn't have given us the option.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:24 am
Nai says...

Ahhh...

lol Damn it! The one flaw... and I thought I was on a roll too.

Your right, I did not specify that there was to be no bashing of emo music in this thread... I dunno, i'd check with a moderator and see if it matters if I say it or not. You shouldn't have a standard right to insult people on YWS.

I don't care, though. I still think i'm right about people complaining about a type of music just because it's not in their preference.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

147 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:14 pm
sabradan says...

Aniar wrote:Ahhh...

lol Damn it! The one flaw... and I thought I was on a roll too.

Your right, I did not specify that there was to be no bashing of emo music in this thread... I dunno, i'd check with a moderator and see if it matters if I say it or not. You shouldn't have a standard right to insult people on YWS.

I don't care, though. I still think i'm right about people complaining about a type of music just because it's not in their preference.

I didn't insult anyone on YWS, at least not directly. I insulted the style of music, because I think it is a bad form of music. Therefore, I insulted it, as we were discussing it.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:50 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

So you weren't insulting anyone who likes emo and you didn't mean to insult them but clearly your insults about said music did insult them hence nia sort of insulting you but I hope you're not really insulted or anyone else for that matter because it's not nice when people get insulted because then they start getting offended and insulting you back but I can kind of see why you insulted the form of music seeing as it is up for discussion and nia did kind of leave the option of insulting him open by strangling him (big insult, really, when you think about it)...but there again sabby was simply insulting the emo music type and not the emo music lovers so don't anyone get insulted cos I'm sure he didn't mean to insult anyone :D and no it wasn't necessary for me to write all this but it's christmas, so obviously I am, yes, a teeny bit tipsy, resulting in my belief that all this is rather amusing, for some unbeknown reason.
And now I'm going to sit here quietly and wait for someone to tell me to get back on topic :D
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

147 Reviews

Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:17 am
sabradan says...

get back on topic. Happy now?

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 am
Misty says...

Emo rocks. Jennafina-GREEN DAY IS NOT F-CKING POP!!!!

I HATE people who say that. They are PUNK/ROCK!!!

I wrote a poem about that...

You can be political and emo. After all-if you would define All American Rejects as emo, then Green Day definately is. All American Rejects is actually uplifting, Want a major emo band, listen to fall out boy. Now THEY are emo.

Emo is awesome. It consists of boys wearing girls pants and eyeliner and writing in notebooks. It works.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:58 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Guys in eyeliner =P~ *shudders(in a definate good way!)*...off I go in a dream.... :wink:
Hmmm...what is it about guys with eyeliner...what?! Why do I like that????! *looks confused and wanders off*
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:07 pm
Emma says...

People should stop making a fool of Emos and keep their mouths shut! It's like making a fool of book nerds! Or a really popular group of people, or like the chess geeks! It's who they want to be, and its how they want to act, read, listen or play. Let them get on with it. Oooh, I sounded mean by calling them geeks and nerds, but... you get my point... kinda... <____<;

And guys in eyeliner is hot. ^__________________^

[EDIT] Plus, the boy I like is Emo! Oh and music, I don't really like it. I like a little of the Used, but thats only because the music IS good and Bert did have a tough life! I also like a little of MCR, and that's because one or two of their songs are good and the lead singer is hott. ^__^

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:09 am
Snip Snip says...

Okay, there is nothing EMO about Green Day. Even they don't classify themselves as emo, They say they are ALETERNTIVE. Which they are not. DEATH CAB is alternative. Green Day is POP. Guys in eyeliner aren't hot, they're SEXY. Guys in eyeliner make me horny. And also, Otep isn't exactly emo, but the lyrics are. Especially to House of Secrets, Autopsy Song, and Nein.
so give me all your poison,
and give me all your pills,
if this is what you want then
FIRE AT WILL

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana