z

Young Writers Society

London is being bombed at this moment

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:32 pm
Areida says...

Is everyone who lives near there on this forum all right? I just found out about thirty minutes ago and since we don't have cable, my friend and I are looking up things on the Internet. My prayers are with everyone in London and the surrounding areas.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:48 pm
Bobo says...

Oh wow! My family is on a TV ban right now, so I didn't know about it until now. I hope this gets taken care of quickly.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:48 pm
Midnight says...

As far as I know I'm the only one on this forum from London and I'm ok. I think all fatalities were adults not teenagers/childrens. Injuries I don't know.
available

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:55 pm
Bjorn says...

I'm in Canada, and word has reached my ear, since I woke up at 12 pm, about 4 bombs that went off in under an hour. I think by now I heard the death toll is 37, not as big as the ones who did this hoped for, and though still a small number for so many blasts, a thing to mourn for nonetheless. My condolences to those who lost someone in those blasts, and hope they may continue to live their life normally. A family friend's daughter lost her husband a few weeks ago, he well, plunged into the water from a bridge. He left two sons, who found him a few days ago, while searching for him in their friends boat. The chapter is closed, but it grieves me, because I had just met this family friends, daughter a week before this happened, and she was so happy and funny...Oh well these things happen... :(

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:51 pm
Crysi says...

About the whole connection to the Olympics thing... I'm not sure. While I don't think it could have been planned this quickly, what if they had plans for every competing city so they could attack the winning one?

Maybe I'm just paranoid again... Ugh. I absolutely hate this. To everyone in England, I'm sorry you had to be hit like this.
Love and Light

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:59 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

I turn on the news this morning to this and my stomach sinks....my boyfriend of 3 years lives in London. He's ok, his family and friends are all accounted for. But it took me twenty minutes to get through to him on his cell, twenty horrifying minutes...I just got off the phone with him now. He sends good wishes to all. It's all just so surreal and weird. His best mate Jack and his sister were in the city yesterday. God they're so close. I don't have any hate, just sadness. I think I will call Jamie a little later, just to hear his voice.

CL
Last edited by Caligula's Launderette on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:02 pm
Elizabeth says...

My mom told me about it. Said they bombed a subway station or something. Yeah, I'm pariniod too. A lot of my internet buds are in England.

Was there a city name I'm too lazy to look back and I'm on a time limit.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:16 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

My mate told me she understood my paranoia, I've ha a phobia of the underground for ages now because if something like this actually happened you'd be stuck under there. She always called me stupid, I still can't believe it happened, my nan told me my 13 yr old cousin was in Kings Cross today but she's alright thank god.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:49 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Ahh, you have felt the cold hand of terrorism. And can now better understand the actions taken by the united states in recent months and years. not that you will agree, but it makes things a bit clearer im sure.

That said, im terribly sorry that something like that could happen. I heard about it on the radio on my way back from denver. Apparently some subways and a double decker were bombed simultaniously? thats pretty bad man.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:06 pm
Misty says...

omg that is horrible! I just found out on this forum-I should watch the news more often.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:55 am
Incandescence says...

Apparently, England isn't as beloved as some of you have said. That is, compared to the United States and the hatred from the Middle East.

So, as Qi said, maybe you'll better understand our position, though still not agree with it. And Midnight, America's experienced terrorist attacks from Muslims since the 1910s.

Again, welcome to the desert of the real (I'm so proud Sureal caught the reference to The Matrix.).
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:24 am
Kilty says...

[quote="Midnight"]Sorry that was unecessarily blunt. I was a bit upset. No one I know is hurt I don't understand why I'm so angry.[/quote]

I completely understand you're anger. You're entitled to it. I'm even angry about it--putting aside all the nonsense that England and Ireland have against eachother.

What angered me the most, is on TV today, there was an American man talking, and in effect he said that England deserved it because they should have been ready. He is waaaaaay out of line. England does not, and never will deserve something like this. No one is "ready" for something like that to happen. I mean, the idiots behind this planned it to be in secret, how can someone be "ready" for something if they don't know about it? Nasty man, he was.

Anyway, my best thoughts and hopes go out to all you English. Things will get better. Hugs.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:36 am
Meshugenah says...

I found out about this early this morning (still thrusday here, folks, and I could have sowrn I posted earlier) via fox news.

I was shocked this could happen again (WTC, Spain, and now London)

My heart goes out to all of you.

And Kilty, I can't believe anyone would say that. No, I can beleive it, I just don't understand it. And I agree with you, no one deserves this, nor is there a way to be ready for it, save for emergency plans and such.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:41 am
Bobo says...

Unfortunately, I can believe someone would say that. I just hope that now England and America can understand each other more. Probably not, but it's about time that we realize how alike we really are, and how little we really know about each other.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:41 am
Kilty says...

I don't understand heartless people like the man who said that. I mean, he's an American! Look what happened there? They didn't deserve it because they weren't ready. No, they weren't ready. I just can't believe someone would say something like that.

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres