z

Young Writers Society

Musical Moves (Phantom of the Opera)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:30 pm
Shriek says...

Tessitore wrote:
Shriek wrote:QUESTION! Has anyone seen Hairspray? And if so, would you recommend it? It's coming to Cleveland on tour, and the tickets are pretty expensive. I've heard good things and bad, so I'd like to know for sure before I make an investment. Thanks!

YES and YES. Please, please go see it. It cost me some $63 when it come to town here in Kansas City but it was well worth it. I'm still reeling over it. So... bloody... awesome...

I've also seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show (though I really don't enjoy it that much) and Little Shop of Horrors and Les Mis. I can't remember any others that I've seen but I'm always hounding for them since I love theater.

I really need to go out and rent Hairspray because I really want to see it again... even if it isn't on stage.

Alright, thanks. :)
I'm really considering seeing it now that you and a few of my other friends put in a good word for it.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:22 am
Kilty says...

Tessitore wrote:I don't know if there are many musical junkies out there... but the last two big ones that came out (Chicago and Moulin Rouge) I've been an absolute groupie over. Well, just recently the film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webbers 'Phantom of the Opera' came out, and I wondered if anyone has seen it and if they did... did you NOT love it? You better have.

Anyway, here's musicals discussion. Please, discuss all movies that are musicals. I would personally love some recommendations of musicals that I can get stuck in my head. Like Singing in the Rain.

Does anyone else suffer from my affliction?

I have only seen half of it, but I thought Phantom of the Opera was amazing. It was so beautifully put together, unlike many films these days. Also, I love Gerard Butler. He reminds me of the old fashioned actors. Actors and actresses from previous decades were just different than today. The standards of what makes someone beautiful or handsome was different. That is why I love Cate Blanchet and Gerard Butler. They remind me of old fashioned actors.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:22 am
Moonfang13 says...

Okay, okay, I stand corrected. :-P

I've never seen Hairspray. What is it about?
away

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:44 am
Crysi says...

Kilty wrote:I have only seen half of it, but I thought Phantom of the Opera was amazing. It was so beautifully put together, unlike many films these days. Also, I love Gerard Butler. He reminds me of the old fashioned actors. Actors and actresses from previous decades were just different than today. The standards of what makes someone beautiful or handsome was different. That is why I love Cate Blanchet and Gerard Butler. They remind me of old fashioned actors.

I completely agree! I love old-fashioned actors. Everytime I watch an old black-and-white movie, I just stare in awe at how beautiful and handsome the actors and actresses are, and everything about them is just so graceful and magnificent.. Wow. That and old singers.. Frank Sinatra. *dies* I really do wish I could go back to that time period. Whenever I look at the senior pictures on the wall from those years, I'm amazed at how they all look like movie stars. They're all so gorgeous.. *sigh*
Love and Light

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13