z

Young Writers Society

The infamous desert island post

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:33 am
Bobo says...

I'd post who I'd populate with, but I don't really know anyone here that well, having only been here a week or two. I guess I know Dusky... but I'm afraid of her frogs...

Oh, and I guess I didn't really answer my people correctly, since I pretty much only know Hunter well enough, so I'll post again when I get to know you guys better.

BTW, Galatea, why do you hate me?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:57 am
Elelel says...

1) Tara, cause we used to talk before my parents gave ame a time limit, which I have gone over right now... as usual

2) No comment.

3)hmmm.... someone big with lot's of meat on them. Maybe one of those people who don't post.

4) Mesh. Of course.

5)Either Crysi (dragons :D It's not cheating!) or Z. I figure he'd probaby come off well in some sort of war.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:47 am
Incandescence says...

Young, scrawny, doesn't eat much....yup.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:51 am
ZZAP says...

OH, the fun I will have with this... Hmmmmm...

1. How about... me! I like to talk to myself...

2. No can do... There just isn't enough people to fully keep the 'stranded race' going. Eventually there will be some sort of inter-breeding. Plus, with the current medical supplies on the island, giving birth would be a terrible risk.

3. Cannibalism... Interesting... but no again... The nutritional value of the species that is your own wouldn't be as nutritional as eating leaves. Are you telling me their is not a grand level of canapies and lush greens? Come on folks!

4. Me? No one else has read the books I have... Well, most of them. Plus, I wouldn't be talking about books at the time. More like stealing someone's glasses to make a fire with. Lord of the Flies style. :twisted: Piggy! Piggy!

5. Nope. Don't trust anyone. I'd get everyone else to fight eachother, and be out of reach to those that might be a threat to me.

Book? How about... 'An Idiot's Guide into Getting off a Remote Island'?

Incad: Why Art of War? You going to kill someone with it? :D Or are you going to pull of his theories on the people on the island? I don't know how that would work. 'Be near when he thinks you far away, be far when he thinks you are close.' Are you serious? More like, 'Step 1: Find the best area for a settlement' '2: Elect a leader' '3: Have leader tell everybody to shutup' '4: Leader says for everybody to absolutely honor and respect Z' '5: Leader backs down and let's me take over' :wink:

-Z
Last edited by ZZAP on Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:55 am
Incandescence says...

Well, the book I have is The Art of War and Military Methods by SUN-TZU and Sun-Pin, respectively. And basically I'd bring it to keep myself sane while on a remote island. Now, if I wanted a book that could be portrayed as a small mallet, I'd take Atlas Shrugged, hardback.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:06 am
Elelel says...

ZZAP wrote:OH, the fun I will have with this... Hmmmmm...

2. No can do... There just isn't enough people to fully keep the 'stranded race' going. Eventually there will be some sort of inter-breeding. Plus, with the current medical supplies on the island, giving birth would be a terrible risk.

3. Cannibalism... Interesting... but no again... The nutritional value of the species that is your own wouldn't be as nutritional as eating leaves. Are you telling me their is not a grand level of canapies and lush greens? Come on folks!

4. Me? No one else has read the books I have... Well, most of them. Plus, I wouldn't be talking about books at the time. More like stealing someone's glasses to make a fire with. Lord of the Flies style. :twisted: Piggy! Piggy!

5. Nope. Don't trust anyone. I'd get everyone else to fight eachother, and be out of reach to those that might be a threat to me.

Incad: Why Art of War? You going to kill someone with it? :D Or are you going to pull of his theories on the people on the island? I don't know how that would work. 'Be near when he thinks you far away, be far when he thinks you are close.' Are you serious? More like, 'Step 1: Find the best area for a settlement' '2: Elect a leader' '3: Have leader tell everybody to shutup' '4: Leader says for everybody to absolutely honor and respect Z' '5: Leader backs down and let's me take over' :wink:

-Z

:roll: How did I guess you were going to go for the smart-arse answers? :D Still amusing though!

*shudders* ugh! Lord of the Flies! Saw the movie, hated it! Creepy, never want to see it again. *shudders again*
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:31 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

ahhh, ayn rand makes a good mallet indeed. philos is ok, but she cant write. as if thats not bad enough, i had to read that god awful book in a week. a WEEK. yay for sparknotes.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:53 am
Crysi says...

ZZAP wrote:OH, the fun I will have with this... Hmmmmm...

-Z

:roll:

First of all, you completely ruined the fun of the game. But then, that's what you do best, is it not? Second of all, you forgot to mention a CD and a food. But then again, perhaps we should be glad you didn't add them? :wink: :roll: :P
Love and Light

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:20 am
Zion says...

Oh goddie! I see some turbulations in the air! :twisted: lets see.........
1. Delo or Galatea....
2. (note this has nothing to do with the actual thing, its just plain fun right? ok then)
Faith
C Elocin
Iced.Capuccino
Galatea
Faith (2x) ROLF!
Crysi :roll:
Tara :roll:
and the one and only Delo :P :D
3. STORMLORD! Definetly. I will ENJOY eating every single limb from his retched self :lol:
4.Perra, FIrebird or Delo
5.Incansd. or Z. We might invent a super-dooper time bending power laser gun :lol:

Paradise Lost, or Art of War as well.

LOTR or Enya, or another type of jungle orientated music :lol:

Macedonian meals. YUMMY *drolls*
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:51 pm
Crysi says...

LOL! Got enough girls there, Arvy? :wink:
Love and Light

94 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am
Zion says...

Sure hope so Crys, sure hope so :P 8)
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:34 pm
ZZAP says...

*cough* *cough* :roll:

-Z :hearts_eyes:

94 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:34 pm
Zion says...

Z is in love with me! :P :lol: ROLF!

Immanuel Kant

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:33 pm
Guest says...

:D :roll: I am Flattered. :roll: :D lol this is fun! I should show this to my friends...it has great potential in MY school... :D

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:34 pm
Guest says...

Arvandor wrote:Sure hope so Crys, sure hope so :P 8)

Of course, thats you... :D :roll:

Okay I’m supposed to be asleep what am I doing measuring sinks
— EllieMae