z

Young Writers Society

Moral Question

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:10 am
The Silent Aviator says...

QiGuaiGongFu wrote:Seeing a drawing, even creating it yourself, of blood and guts is not quite the same as seeing a mans endtrails ripped out of him and poured onto the concrete, after a 50 foot drop, followed by a sudden stop.

If you see a persons innards ripped out, it will scar you for life. But keep in mind that we are talking about MOVIES here. Actors...fake blood...stuntmen. Movies are fake representations of real violence. Movies probably aren't going to fry your mind.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:14 am
Sponson Light says...

Yes, but imagineing it can be horrifying as well, your imagination can run oh so much more wild.

Imagine someone teleporting, but something screwed up, so he materializes in solid rock, and other torturous stuff.
and that entrails thing, "land of the dead", seen it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

67 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:46 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

you only know its fake on a conscience level. your subconcience doesn't know the difference.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:33 am
Sponson Light says...

And... the subconscious will give me nightmares?
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:08 am
Fishr says...

the subconscious will give me nightmares?"
Potentially.

In my opinion, and take it from someone who's been watching R rated movies since they were 5ish, it's NOT the nightmares that a person should worry about, but the after effects of such movies that can acure. I could rattle off thousands of examples of this, instead I'll give you two.
Example one; I watched Nightmare on Elm Street(thanks to the neighbors), stupid movie to me now, yes because it was made in the 80's and the special effects are yawnish but try picturing a 5, possibly 6 year old watching that??? The result was I was scared sh*tless until I was 9!

Example two; my neighbor and I watched Scream. (joy, joy) And although the blood and guts almost made me hurl, lol, the movie creeped me out but not to the extent of my neighbor. After he finished watching the movie, he went out the following day and got an ID hooked to his phone, so he knew who was calling him.

My point is, even though you may think you're mature, the ramifications of the results could be unsettling. You're only 15, trust me and others, you aren't missing anything special. Most R rated movies are tons of gore or tons of sex, or both. And they usually stink, imo.[/quote]

67 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:19 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

The subconscience is what generates nightmares.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble