z

Young Writers Society

Urbis.com - the best writing site on the net.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:08 am
Sponson Light says...

Its a writing site, I have no place there.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:39 am
Rincewind says...

I think my only problem with this site is that you guys are all young. And I'm no longer a young writer. There are the odd older writer here, but I find they stick out like sore thumbs. Oh well. Ta ta yall, s'been swell. <--not really.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:41 am
Nate says...

Actually, the average age is now 18. And YWS does have a sister site for older writers at www.justgoat.com. It's just started so it's still small.
Last edited by Nate on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:42 am
Duskglimmer says...

People stick out like sore thumbs around here?
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:32 am
Firestarter says...

Still, its amusing how you said you were gonna "leave" and still you come back.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

127 Reviews

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:28 am
Rincewind says...

Its not the funniest thing Ive heard of. I checkd out both of those sites, Nate, they are great, thank you very much.
~The bandit’s body slumped to the ground, knees hitting first,followed by the rest.His dead weight pushed dust into the air in a swirling cloud.The blood flowed from his head,splicing like river canals,delaying slightly on pebbles before flowing on through the street.~

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:54 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

The door's that way dude.
Please don't come back this time.
:D
Last edited by thegirlwhofateloves on Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:26 pm
Emma says...

No offense, but I find it really rude, when you go and post a site which is the same as this one and tell everyone to go there instead of here.

It sounds really mean, I prefer this place because I know everyone and I really fill welcomed. I'm sorry that you never felt the same and didn't have the need to stay.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:06 pm
Nate says...

I don't think rincewind was telling people that urbis.com is better than YWS. He was just letting other people know about another writing site.

In my opinion, both have their pluses and minuses. I've been messing around with urbis for a few days now, and it is better as a writing site. But that's where it ends. There's no private message system, no forums, and there's really no way to develop favorite authors to read since there is no community. You don't meet people there, and it seems just very one-dimensional. Plus, I hate it when you can't read what other people have said about a story.

Anyways rincewind, I hope you are enjoying Urbis, and I'll certainly welcome you back if you decide to return to either YWS or JustGoat.

127 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:04 am
Rincewind says...

Thanks Nate, no worries man. And you were correct, I wasn't trying to break this place down, just letting people knwo there are other places to share their work. You will have noticed that Urbis has a journalism section too, I think that would be cool if you implemented that sort of thing here.
Cheers man.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:46 pm
*Twilight* says...

I've searched on yahoo for hours to find a good writing community and this by far is the best one out there.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:28 am
Brian says...

Part of the thing I like about YWS is that I can get lost for hours on this site. I can go review, then check out the lounge, and then play a few games. I remember when YWS first started, and it was kind of like urbis; that is, it was a writing shack. Not it's evolved into a writing community center, and it's great.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:35 am
Duskglimmer says...

Brian wrote:Part of the thing I like about YWS is that I can get lost for hours on this site.

*laughs* tell me about it... Every time I get on the computer I come straight here and get sucked in for the next 2 hours or so... I think "lost" is a very apt description for it.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:00 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

I'm failing my course because I spend so much time on here! That's not particularly funny, but it's not like I'm not going to drop out anyway :D
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:09 am
Tara says...

Yeah, YWS is addicting...I wasn't here for months, and was only going on the computer about once ever two weeks, but now that I've joined again I'm glued to the computer.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.
— Euripides