z

Young Writers Society

Do you prefer to type your stories or write them by hand?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:39 pm
Chloe(: says...

Typing, definitely. My handwriting...my thoughts flow too fast for me to be able to write them down as fast. At least, I can't handwrite quickly in a legible manner. :P
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 pm
Teague says...

I think better when I handwrite, so I handwrite the first draft and do all of my edits on the computer. It actually works a lot better, because I have something tangible to prove that my story exists, instead of just arbitrary pixels on a computer. It's quite the comfort object.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 am
Unsquishable says...

Usually typing... but every once in a while, I get an idea and I'm not near the computer, so I write it down on a piece of paper =D
"You is talking loco and I like it!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:33 am
RainWanderer says...

Mainly typing, but sometimes I use pencil and paper too, like when I was wandering around the park and suddenly got an idea.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am
Young gun says...

Definitely by hand.It may seem inefficient and uneconomical.....but that's just the way the thought flow comes.You don't have waste your time starting your laptop/pc if a thought strikes you in the middle of the night just before going to bed.

Also........what are you going to do if you have a creative wave that immediately needs to be jot down when your machine goes for repairs?
Too bad we don't live to experinece death

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm
PurpleInk says...

I prefer to write my stories,poetry,ect, then type them up

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:50 am
KailaMarie says...

I like to type them because it seems more official and it's easier to edit it. Plus, like other people have said, my hand gets tired before my mind does. But I love notebooks and pens so I'll write out a scene here and there and then I'll type it up later.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:22 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I type because while my handwriting starts out nice, it just gets worse and worse. Also, like others have said, ideas come to fast for me to write them down. But, sometimes if I'm not my a computer I'll write in a notebook. I have to back things up on a flashdrive or something because I get worried something will happen and my story will get deleted.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:26 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Usually, whether I write long hand or type on the computer is dictated by my mood. But lately, I've done most of the prelim and first draft writing long hand in a notebook, and then typed it up and edited.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:39 am
pudin.junidf says...

Well,it definitely depends. Because if i get a great idea, let's say at school, I grab a notebook and pencil and start writing, when i get home I rewrite it on the computer. But if I get an incredible idea while I'm doing something on my computer, then definitely typing!!!
So, I guess I'll choose both, they both work forme perfectly.

pudin.juni
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 am
kolilat11 says...

Uhhh.. I guess, I write them down first, to get it straight, then type them later when I'm all done
"Live life on your terms, you're responsible for it..."

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:19 pm
Pretty Crazy says...

Both.
If I write, I get a different story than typing in the computer, and vice versa. I type fast enough but I have to look at the keys. :x
I find writing on paper gives my story a feel of me. You know, since it's my writing. I don't really care what I have to write on as long as I have a good idea. (Which isn't that often!)
Looking for someone who won't disappoint you?
Look to Jesus.:)

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 pm
TrickWriter says...

Writing by hand is convenient if your away from home, but typing is faster and more organized. I use both, I always carry a notebook with me in case I have an idea. Then when I get home I transfer all my notes onto a file. So a little of both is good, why choose? : )

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:14 am
ZaddieCaso says...

As above, I always type when I'm at home but I carry a notebook everywhere I go. It means if I'm on the bus or something or have a free period at school I can write.
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

Jean-Paul Sartre

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 am
kaiden says...

i prefer to type but for poems writing is usually better for me. I think it looks better and feels better to write with paper and pen.
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster