z

Young Writers Society

Who would you be?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 am
Phantomofthebasket says...

She's walking down the sidewalk inbetween her two best friends. The girl in the middle has straightened, normally wavy, blonde hair to the bottom of her shoulders and hazel-ish eyes hidden behind the transition lenses on her glasses. She's wearing what she's comfortable in; flipflops (her toe nails are still partially colored from when her four year old cousin came over and painted them), jeans (with smilie faces drawn all over them), and a hoodie (which said, "Dead Men Tell No Tales"). She has a smile on her face, laughing at something her friend said. The cell phone in her pocket goes off and she gets excited, seeing as its a text from her boyfriend. She giggles and bites her lip as she reads it. Her friends roll their eyes.

Hmm... that was fun. =D
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Sounds fun.

A young Asian girl walks by, looking older than she is. She doesn't look up, her eyes focused on the book in her hands, yet she manages to avoid mostly everyone. She bumps into a woman, drops her book, and looks up, startled. She quickly apologizes with a small bow, picks up her book, then scurries away. A few seconds later, she starts reading again, heading up a set of stairs. She manages to trip and ends up two steps higher than before. A minute later, she comes back down, almost falls on her face, but catches herself at the last moment. She frowns but continues walking, and then she disappears into the crowd.

Yeah, didn't do so good.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:24 am
chipsandguacamollie says...

Ooh fun!

She's a tall, thin blond, with stick-straight hair pulled into a tight ponytail, and downcast green-blue eyes. Her nose is overly large, and she looks sad, though she really is just thinking hard. She has large, colorful earrings, and is wearing rather preppy summer clothes. When she glances up, she looks sort of arrogant, but not intentionally so. Her eyebrows are furrowed as she squints against the sun, and she seems like she doesn't know whether she wants to blend in or stand out.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

-Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, J. R. R. Tolkien

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 am
View Likes
Teufelshund says...

So some kid's walking over there.

Don't even know why I took notice of him in the first place.
Who is he? Perhaps his walk. Yeah, that's it. He's otherwise completely unremarkable but his cadence and step and carriage are unusually direct and measured, betraying a bit of anarchy, a straying from the herd, a will to power. In a fancied panic I lay down my paper for a second and reach for my pepper spray.
Because he's now walking straight towards me. His eyes scan me like thermal heat-seekers. I begin to sweat. But he changes direction, frantically, aimlessly...a tic in his lazer eyes. Suddenly It dawns on me. Despite his swag, this fellow has no clue where he's going. He walks with a purpose...but without a purpose. Hmmm...Is he a wolf in sheep's clothing or a sheep in guise of a wolf? It's no matter to me anymore. I slurp from my Dunkin Donuts mug and pick up the paper again, the classifieds, C7.
Zigzagging, stumbling aimlessly along the top of the page, way out there. Soon he's a half a block away, going somewhere, doing sometihng, looking for someone or nothing at all. I see if anyone's got a decent refrigerator for sale. At some point I lose our man out in the faceless metropolitan bustle. He's found his way back to the herd with that aimless step of his.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 am
View Likes
LilyJamey says...

Ok, so a poet's dreaming away on a park bench when...

A screech of laughter awakens me from my stupor. I turn and spot four girls walking together. Three of them are looking in different directions, as if trying to disassociate themselves from the fourth, who is a few steps ahead of them, walking backwards facing her friends. Let's call her A. A appears to be the odd one out as, while her friends are dressed in regular, preppy clothes, she's wearing plain olive green with jeans. Her feet point inward as she walks at a quick pace. She chatters in rapid Chinese one of the girls, who giggles and replies briefly. A whips around and screeches someone's name before bursting into laughter as that person turns around. She waves.

She's a li'l insane..
Got YWS?

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton