z

Young Writers Society

Any Contemporary Christian Music Fans out there?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:45 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

w00t TFK!!! Saw them in concert last fall, and they were incredible. :) Also got to see Pillar, Kutless, and Britt Nicole. :) They were all pretty awesome. (I now have a t-shirt that says "We are the Reckless Youth.")
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:37 am
Dradian Far Runes says...

Wow, so many switchfoot fans! I love that band! "On Fire" is my personal favorite, its so emotional, and original, and... beautiful! I love all their other songs too though!!

Other bands I really like of this genre are Family Force 5 (woot woot!), the Classic Crime, TFK, Red, Skillet, Tobymac, and Flyleaf. They are all awesome!!

Its wierd to me that so many christians listen to secular music... I mean, Christian music has expanded so much, the only difference nowadays is the lyrics! And who only listens to music for the lyrics? You might as well read poetry!
Christian music has the same genres, the same creativity, everything equally good... only, they try to put some meaningful messages out there, not self-centered trash.

So cheers for Christian music!

-M.E.
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:31 pm
YodelingVet1 says...

Great Christian rock bands out there! Just waiting for you to listen to them!!
I should get a plot of land- about a mile long, an inch wide. Yessiree, my very own spaghetti farm.
--Garfield

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:39 pm
Pretty Crazy says...

Contemporary Christian is all I listen to. No joke, anything else is meaningless to me. (No offense to anyone) But still, most other songs are about becoming famous or breaking up with a boy/girlfriend. Come on people! Life is more than that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect and I don't want to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, right?
Anyway some of the groups/singers I like are: Hawk Nelson, Casting Crowns, FM static, Press Play, Adison Road, Hillsong, Mercyme, Third Day, Disiple, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battistelli, Switchfoot, Steller Kart, Red, Kutless, etc so on and so forth.
Whew! :thud:
Looking for someone who won't disappoint you?
Look to Jesus.:)

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

That's pretty much all I listen to (save McFly, they're secular). Some of my favorite bands:
Hawk Nelson, Thousand Foot Krutch/FM Static, Disciple, Family Force 5, Underoath, Skillet, Stellar Kart, Relient K, Project 86, recently started listening to The Devil Wears Prada.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 am
Krupp says...

There are only two Christian bands, in my opinion, that have captured my heart and have always gotten my respect. Those bands are DC Talk and the Newsboys. Especially DC Talk though; I wish to God they'd get back together, but I'm sure they wont. Great band, really. Been listening to them since the age of 8.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:39 am
Lil_Pau says...

I'm not a religious person, or even a Christian, but the thing is that these types of songs are very meaningful, compared to other genres. For me, my faves would be Casting Crowns, Superchick and Brandon Heath.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:13 am
Lucinda says...

I adore Superchick and Casting Crowns. Also, have you ever heard of Krystal Meyers? She's a really talented girl who went from singing rock type stuff (like Anticonformity) to singing pop type stuff (like Make Some Noise). They both sound really cool.
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:53 am
Sanareth says...

My favourite Worship artist would probably be Matt Redman. Or Possibbly Hillsong. I'm still new to this genre, and don't recognise any of the mentioned artists... :\
"...I am what I am, and what I am needs no excuses..."

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room."

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe