Young Writers Society

Girl, 10, Cuffed for Scissors in School

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:24 pm
Sam says...

looking back at the article...

who names their kid porshe?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:52 pm
Wulie says...

That's really wrong she was just a little kid! Its to extreme I take scissors to school... its a part out our equipment!
wu
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:25 pm
Rei says...

I once heard a story about a boy who got suspended for saving his friend's life. The boy was having a severe asthma attack and his friend gave him his puffer. The rule that got him suspended was likely meant to keep people from bringing illegal drugs like pot and cocaine to school.

We used to have a no tollerance policy in the Toronto District SChool Board. The thing is, it didn't reduce any problems in the schools, and then there was a extreme increase in violent crimes committed by youths. Going to such extreme measures only makes kids loose respect for athority because they think nobody believes in them or cares about their point of view. Suspending kids doesn't work. They need to be kept in school unless they become a danger to the other kids.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:20 am
hekategirl says...

That is the most ridicules thing I have ever heard in my entire life. Hand-cuffing a 10-YEAR-OLD girl for bringing a pair of sissors to SCHOOL. Don't you ushully use sissors at school? That girl is more likely to commet a crime or something lese bad now then she was before. Can say over-reacting?
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:57 am
Shadow Knight says...

Wow, i'm a terrrorist and they haven't arrested me and I have C4 in my school ba- er, I mean...

That is just riculous, how could anyone do something that idiotic?
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:52 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Well, thats America for you.

SK! You weren't supposed to tell them about that until AFTER we took over the world!

Hmm, now that I think of it, the police might have been right. I mean, maybe they are just exaggerating, but what if the girl was like...poking people or something? Maybe they told her to put them away, and she attacked someone, or something? Sounds like something a girl would do...I mean... :roll: :wink:
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:55 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Well if a 5yr old with scissors is dangerous, can you imagine what a stressed out 17yr old with tweasers can do? :shock:

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:30 pm
Sureal says...

I could, but I'd rather not ;).

Heh, I can hear the screams, as she ties up her victim... and plunges the tweezers into their eyes. The punture wound was let all the liquid escape and the eyeball would deflate a bit. All the while, the victim would be in inmense pain...

Yup. You got tweezers, you should be arressted ;).
Last edited by Sureal on Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote the above just for you.

49 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:36 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

OH GOD I just threw up because of u lol! (I have an eye thing - trauma after having operations on my eye)

Anyway I was thinking more of tying them to a chair and plucking every piece of hair from them. THAT would hurt :twisted: and for much longer :D

323 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:56 pm
hekategirl says...

Yeah, I guess that is a possibility EBM, she could have had really sharp sissors and was trying to stab people with them. And dreaming mouse she was 10.

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

49 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:15 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

opps sorry my mistake, i get things confused a lot.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:27 pm
Galatea says...

EMB, what on earth does this have to do with Amercia? I'm getting really sick and tired of the unprovoked anti-americanism here. It needs to stop. It's inflammitory and completely unnecessary.

Reactionary behaviour has existed in schools for a long time, especially in the environment of violence we live in now. I'm not saying the administration behaved correctly in handcuffing the girl, but no-tolerance policies do exist for a reason.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:15 am
electricbluemonkey says...

*Sigh*. Can't you see I was just kidding? And its just my opinion, that is all. I was making a remark to Shadow Knight, since he is not American.

And yeah, Hekategirl, we don't really know what actually happened. It might have been really dangerous, and the people who wrote this might have exaggerated a little too much. The news ins't always right, or almost never, really. 10 year olds aren't always just angelic.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

323 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:53 am
hekategirl says...

Yes, yes, I know they can be very dangerous :twisted:

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:13 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Its inflamitory. Its unecesary, and any remark you make in a forum is going to be read by everyone. we've had this problem before, VERY RECENTLY. so cut it out, jeebus, its not a whole lot to ask.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham