z

Young Writers Society

What's twilight?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 pm
Theodorable says...

I absolutely loved them! These books were one of the first books that I read that had vampires in them. I love any book that have anything to do with vampires, they are totally awesome. (Just bite me now!) I fell in love with Edward from the start, and besides Jacob is younger (basically) than Bella, so I'm happy with her choice. I would have made the same choice.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:11 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Twilight is now a movie guys!!!!!! Whoo hoo!
"Hello, is this thing on?"

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:22 pm
LolitaRose says...

I for one, enjoyed the series. Sure, they left a lot to be desired, but so do most other books on the best selling list. They're made for preteens, anyway. They're not going to be better than *insert your favorite author here.* Half the people that I know who hate them haven't even READ them. They judge by the opinions of others, which quite frankly is sorta pathetic. Sure, Bella's a Mary Sue, and Edward is a bit flat, but other characters in the book are much more capturing. Alice Cullen and Rosalie Hale, for example.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:49 pm
BeKaHart says...

To me, Twilight (and the three others) are the books I'll pick up when I feel lazy and when I'm not interested in thinking too hard. Meyer's writing is simple. The books are easy to get addicted to; over half the girls (and guys, also) are reading them in my school. The obsession gets a little much, especially if that's all anyone ever talks about.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Dream Deep says...

sudz_amigo wrote:Sorry to be asking this...but I seriously don't know!What is this twilight?It crops up all the time on YWS. Anything vampire related,its gotta be twilight!Could someone please explain?!!

I love you.

xD

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:12 pm
Firestarter says...

Twilight is the time in between dawn and sunrise, and in between sunset and dusk. I have no idea of the relation to vampires. Maybe they're crepuscular creatures.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 am
WaterVyper says...

Frankly, I don't dislike Twilight, but the concept of the vampires in it. I mean, vampires are supposed to die in the sunlight! Not necessarily tun to ashes, but burn and die. That's pretty much all I have against it. Still, I'd prefer Dracula, Darren Shan, and Anne Rice over Twilight any day.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 pm
sudz_amigo says...

I stillll can't get my hands on the books.. but I saw the movie( Illegal download, but this time I just had to find out what all this "mania" was about!)

I felt it was okay... I didn't absolutly looove it and I did'nt loathe it. I thought it was something I can watch when I'm bored. That's all. I loved the chemistry between Edward and Bella though! :]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:52 pm
Bloo says...

thw worst book series and movie ever

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:56 am
Jay says...

What's Twilight? You don't want to know. Of course, I'm biased, seeing as I dislike werewolves, vampires, and love stories. So make of that what you will.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

*Smacks hand against head* If someone spells the woman's name wrong one more time... Argh.

Anyway, Twilight is a book series. Many people love it, and many people hate it (although I don't see why...) It is about a vampire and a human falling in love. The book is from the human's point of view (at most points) and describes the relationship between them and the complications that arise.
It has grown very popular and has been turned into a movie. The book was far better than the movie.

So, that's my explanation. I could've gone into a lot more depth, but you would get a headache from reading it all. Haha.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Clo wrote:Run while you still can.

Win. x)
Why did we have to explain it? Why couldn't we just keep sudz_amigo safe?
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:23 am
zalarus says...

if a twilight fan passes in front of me tomorrow uninvited, i will slay it with a religious fervor. their blood is on your collective hands, for bringing up twilight.

that was an exaggeration.
I'll tell you this -
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

You sound like a hillbilly,
We want folk singers here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:26 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Crap.

I'm serious. The two words are interchangeable.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:44 pm
Blink says...

Firestarter wrote:Twilight is the time in between dawn and sunrise, and in between sunset and dusk. I have no idea of the relation to vampires. Maybe they're crepuscular creatures.

But... but...

I was about to be snide and say that!

Oh, and, er, don't read it. If you read Twilight you will a) be in sudden favour of suicide or b) think yourself a great writer in comparison.

:shock:

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary