Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:56 pm
Sureal says...

Huh?
I wrote the above just for you.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:02 pm
Muse says...

They believe the bus may have been a suicide bombing.
My uncle works in London, and thankfully he's ok. He's stuck down there though.
It's understandable why you're angry midnight, it was a disgusting attempt to hurt and kill innocent people. People are pulling together to help Africa, and make the world a better place, and then stupid people have to do horrific things like this. It's horrible.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:18 pm
Sureal says...

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

I hear that message was release by Al Quaeda/

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:27 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

We heard about in college, it was scary seeing everyone crowded in front of a small T.V. in the LRC no one woudl get the train home because it has to go through my hometown which people are now afraid is a suspected terriost target - the four of us who live here are crapping ourselves. My dad has to drive the London Waterloo train and I am so p*ssed off that they haven't closed it - it's all on the news saying don't go into London unless you have to and he and his colleagues don't have a choice.

I can't even believe this has happened, I feel really sort of numb and scared now...sorry to sound so stupid :oops:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:33 pm
Firestarter says...

My heart goes out to you, Midnight, just like everyone else is London....

When I heard at college it shocked me loads.

It makes you realise how trivial an Olympic Bid is, and beating Paris, when the next day people are being murdered. Puts it in perspective.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:36 pm
Incandescence says...

Welcome to the Desert of the Real.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

49 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:42 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I don't know if it is but maybe this is kinda ironic, yesterday in London they were having a party and today...

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:28 pm
Emma says...

I thought it was France that done it because they lost to London.. THats the first thing that came to my mind, then I thought Al Quaeda... Hmm...

49 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:48 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I'm worried that you think France would do something this sick...especially over something so...well under these circumstances I would say small...

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:08 pm
Midnight says...

I've been on the phone watching the news for most of today. I'm still angry and upset but now i'm just irritated. I can't get in to central London, I can't get to see loads of my friends and I hate the way people have the power to scare people in this way. That said a lot of my friends have no qualms about getting on a tube tommorow if it's running. I think i'm meant to be, in fact I was meant to be tonight for a dinner but it would be impossible to get there now as it was at the Museum of London which is surrounded by Liverpool St, Moorgate and Aldgate East. I'm still freaked out by the fact my dad was on the train in front of the moorgate train with the explosion luck?

Dreaming_mouse, that's not irony it's coincidental.

Jack, yeah I know. I remember being annoyed when Parisians threw firecrackers at the British reporter yesterday (well actually I giggled a bit) because they were so bitter. Now I just find it so petty, it doesn't put the Olympics into perspective so much as this petty squabbling with France and Chirac at the moment. When it comes down to it I would be upset and so would the rest of England if Paris had what London experienced. It just shows there are so many more important things to fight about. Yes the EU and it's budget is important but these are the smaller easier things to work out. Poverty and Terroism and Greivances are so much more important.

Brad, I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. If you're saying look now you have terroism London has been the victim of terroism attacks since the 1970s.

Muse, I was watching the news and the forensic scientists think it was a a package bomb rather than a suicide bomber. I don't think that changes the situation in anyway.
available

506 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:54 pm
Sureal says...

Dreaming_mouse, that's not irony it's coincidental.

I honestly wouldn't be supprised if Al Quaeda at least half planned to pull it off right after the party.

Brad, I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. If you're saying look now you have terroism London has been the victim of terroism attacks since the 1970s

I believe he refers to it as being a sort of wake up call. After the parties (the surreal) into the terrorist attacks (the harsh reality).
You've been living in a dream world Neo.
(yes, I'm well aware that the Matrix used 'the desert of the real' as a quote, and that it was actually some philosopher guy who said it first).

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:06 pm
Midnight says...

I don't think the Olympic decision had anything to do with it.
available

506 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:08 pm
Sureal says...

*shrugs*

I'm just saying, it wouldn't supprise me if it did. It is, after all, a perfect time to strike. Right after we've been celebrating, and during the G8 meetings.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:09 pm
Firestarter says...

I doubt this was a quickly planned procedure, though.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

506 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:10 pm
Sureal says...

That why I'm just saying, 'it wouldn't supprise me,' instead of saying, 'they did do it cos of the Olympics' ;).

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind