z

Young Writers Society

Yay London won the 2012 Olympics!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:48 pm
Emma says...

-coughs-

Anyway... London rawks all cities... Apart from all the cool ones...

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:50 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

London sucks, I hate it there. If you're under 5'5" you might as well avoid it since no one will bother looking down so they don't smack you in the face with their briefcases ¬¬ the only time I go there is when my drama teacher tells me I have too ¬¬ otherwise I'd quite happily stay out of there XD

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:33 pm
Firestarter says...

Aww, Paris lost... That makes me sad. I mean, come on, England doesn't need anything else. Grr.

What? Paris sucks! It's full of FRENCH PEOPLE for godssakes! The Eiffel tower is a total let down.

Then again, London is a bit of a craphole as well.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

49 Reviews

Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:37 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

What? Paris sucks! It's full of FRENCH PEOPLE for godssakes! The Eiffel tower is a total let down.

It's FRANCE what do you expect?! :shock: and what is wrong with French people?! Seriously, I don't get what everyone has against the French...

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:07 pm
Bobo says...

It's just because they're so darn easy to pick on. Honestly, probably most of us don't really hate the French. I know I don't. But I have somewhat of a habit of making fun of them anyway.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:35 am
Crysi says...

*grumbles* The Americans, at least, shouldn't hate the French... They're part of the reason we ever got to be a nation! Seriously, if they hadn't provided troops and ships and pressured Britain, we'd probably still be drinking tea over here and spelling things with extra u's! :P
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:48 am
Kilty says...

I think the English are entitled to dislike (NOT HATE) the French, because they've only been conflicting with them since. . . .1066!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:36 pm
Firestarter says...

This is so peripheral now.

But at least London can show it's strong and pull throgh the tragedy earlier today, and show that we aren't intimidated by terrorists.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:38 pm
Incandescence says...

Not per se, France just added extra sway in the American Revolution. They provided little to no troops, in reality, and without them, it is just as probable Americans would have won. Regardless, you don't like someone because you liked their grandfather and he built a ranch with you.

Oh, and....Congratulations England!
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:31 pm
Emma says...

To me people are just so fed up with France.. The only reason I don't like France is because I have to learn their language and it bores me to death in class....

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:36 pm
Firestarter says...

It's FRANCE what do you expect?! Shocked and what is wrong with French people?! Seriously, I don't get what everyone has against the French...

It's just because they're so darn easy to pick on. Honestly, probably most of us don't really hate the French. I know I don't. But I have somewhat of a habit of making fun of them anyway.

Well excuse me...

Here's a link just to give you an idea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4649007.stm

As Kilty says, we fought them for about 800 years until the alliance made in the 19th century.

49 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:46 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

You hated the French before he made remark!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:47 pm
Firestarter says...

Wow, I have Sherlock Holmes on my case :roll:

49 Reviews

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:52 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

That's MISS Sherlock Holmes to you sonny, don't you forget it!
Last edited by dreaming_mouse on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:56 pm
DarkerSarah says...

Congrats, London! Hehe...
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb