z

Young Writers Society

2008 Beijing Olympics

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:16 pm
cheese9975 says...

I agree, the opening ceremony was spectacular. But my dad ruined it for me by going on and on and on about the Chinese government, a speech I have already heard forty thousand times.

Anyone watching the actual games? This is the first year I really have been, I'm loving the swimming. Yay for Michael Phelps! I watched the China-USA basketball game this morning, that was pretty awesome. Hoorah for watching ridiculously tall men run up and down a court!
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:40 am
Nate says...

Who saw the men's swimming relay? I was literally on my feet screaming when the USA began pulling out in front of France!

61 Reviews

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:47 am
cheese9975 says...

Nate wrote:Who saw the men's swimming relay? I was literally on my feet screaming when the USA began pulling out in front of France!

Me too! I was just about to leave to go up to bed, but my brother convinced me to stay for a few more minutes, and man, was it worth it! I watched them in the semifinals before, and they shaved four seconds of their time! I'm now a huge swimming fan.

^30 Rock is love

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:49 am
Via says...

Yea, saw it. Niice.

"We are going to crush them."

Haha, France. Haha.

"Did you mean: French (Olympic) defeats?"
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

It was amazing! Of course, I suspected it of china. It was o good! Go olympics. Lol.

I loved the whole history lesson thatb they included with the whole openning ceremony. XD

Jamie

61 Reviews

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:51 am
cheese9975 says...

Via wrote:Yea, saw it. Niice.

"We are going to crush them."

Haha, France. Haha.

"Did you mean: French (Olympic) defeats?"

hehehehe exactlyy

^30 Rock is love

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:23 am
Tatra says...

I watched some of the Olympics today! It was thunderstorming, so I couldn't go on the computer, so I watched that instead. I watched the US/Dutch Volleyball, which was awesome because it was raining really hard. And, lightning hit one of their cameras at the top of the stadium, and it kept on working! This was before I started watching, but they replayed it. It went out for a few seconds and then turned back on. :D

And then I watched some of the swimming. And, I saw the men's relay where they won over France, that was really cool, too. I started chanting 'Go USA' while watching, it was fun.

(Also, I misspelled Olympics as 'olypimpics' at the start of this forum. It's so fun just typing out words and then using the spell check to fix them.)
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:37 pm
Kyuubi says...

I thought that men's relay was possibly the funniest event I have seen. The way Lezak showed what he could at the end was just, for the lack of a better word, amazing.

I was screaming "Go! Go!" when Lezak pulled ahead. When Lezak touched the wall, Phelps went crazy. Gotta give a hand to them. They did great.

During the medal ceremony, the French team looked angry. I laughed.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 pm
View Likes
jenni321 says...

Yeah, it was amazing, but me and my brother found some humor in it...Like when the floating 'moon' thing rose from the stadium, it looked like the Deathstar. And then when it turned to the Earth, it was kind of funny that they had the Chinese running all over the world...
On a scale of 1 to Random, I'm pretty ADHD.

43 Reviews

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:34 pm
Kyuubi says...

Hey, did anyone see the men's Gymnastics? Now, is it just me or does the scoring for the U.S. seem a little biased?

The Chinese, I admit, are amazing but they could have done a lot better with their routines. Yet, they were still getting scores higher than 16.

The U.S. team was doing amazing. They stuck their landings, did some of the hardest routines in the world, as said by the T.V. announcer, and they were near perfect. Their scores: 15.4 and lower.

The announcer even mentioned this unfairness two days ago. What do you think?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:44 pm
Via says...

midnight>>

I noticed that, and to be honest it pissed me off. Especially since at least two of the chinese gymnasts could not possibly in any way be 16 years old.

It happened in the synchronized diving as well. ><
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

43 Reviews

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:49 pm
Kyuubi says...

Did it really? Oh come on! And I agree that those Chinese gymnists are not 16.

Random avatar

Reviews: 27
Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:24 pm
Moony says...

the chinese look younger than me!

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:38 pm
Blink says...

Great ceremony but apparently they faked the girl singing, some of the fireworks and something else for the TV.

Still, let the games begin!
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Firestarter says...

Well it's over! On to London 2012, which will be better.

And congratulations to the winner of the medals table ... the EU! Yes! Go Europeans! 87 golds!*

* I'm really kidding. I don't care. But I think the former Soviet Union came second.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost