z

Young Writers Society

Sunburns!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed May 28, 2008 9:40 pm
kittykat says...

I've never had a sunburn before until just two days ago. I was swimming all day, morning to night, both days. :wink: And even then my arms only got slightly pink, barely noticable really.

But my friend, Sydney, she was as bright a tomatoe! Literally! :lol:

-kittykat
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm
JFW1415 says...

Last summer I (nearly?) got a second second degree burn. My shoulders were all molted and brown and gross. :shock: They're still a bit brown.

I'm Irish, so I'm pale, but also part Indian and African American (like, 10%,) so I can tan! It's amazing. I burn, then am left with the smexy little tan...

However, I only tan at the barn. With my old shirts on. Know what that means? Yepp - tan lines. The white areas: where my watch is, my gloves, my shirt (with LONG short sleeves and a crew neck,) my shorts, my knee bands, my relatively high socks (so my shins don't get cut up from the hay,) and my awesome boots.

Sound attractive?

Haha - massive farmer's tan! And then at the beach (for an hour or two while I'm watching the camp, haha) with my halter neck bathing suit. Oh, the horrors! I'm riddled with lines. :lol:

Also, I never remember to put on sun screen. I have to burn once (I just did, haha. I'm finally tan from it) before I start wearing it for the year, and I always stop way too early...haha. And I never reapply it, so by the time the sun's up, it's gone. There's no time! And who actually does it after swimming?)

~JFW1415

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:35 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I've gotten pretty close. Managed to escape with some freckles.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:41 am
OverEasy says...

I'm very Irish, so I get them quite often. I completely understand my dear. I'm sorry :)
Life is for living.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:10 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I want a sunburn...*pokes head outside to see if the sun has come out yet*

And Nate went to the Outer Banks??? *is insanely jealous* I miss my NC vacation fun.

On the bright side, I'm going to school about an hour away from Corolla. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris