3%
F
No votes

Total votes : 36

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat May 21, 2005 4:50 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

English is quite the class for me. When I get my camera back from Kimmie I'll post some of the shenagagins of 6th period AP Lit.

CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Reviews: 1
Sat May 21, 2005 9:42 pm
StormLord says...

Well, english is a secondary language for me, so it's basically very easy. The teacher gives us an assignment and says : 'You got five minutes'. We do it in 2-3 minutes and talk the rest. After 20 minutes or so, we read our answers. Cool, huh?
Building a better boneyard

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat May 21, 2005 9:49 pm
Meshugenah says...

I have an A in english.. but my english teacher doesn't like me.. possibly becuase I argue with her about grammar too much *shifty eyes*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat May 21, 2005 9:52 pm
Nai says...

I have an A in English too.. planning to go to Creative Writing next year.

I'm one of the few in my class that take the class seriously..

For the rest of the students the writing and assignments are "gay"
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun May 22, 2005 2:34 am
Sam says...

Oooohh CL i have to get my pictures of playing football with Mr. Peepers during 2nd period Industrial Tech! YIPPEE!

Ok...off-topic...

I wish we had creative writing. I could take that instead of all my other classes (excluding math). So I'd write...and have math...life would rock.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun May 22, 2005 3:42 am
Areida says...

I wish we had creative writing too, Sam. I would take it in an instant...*sigh* But it's not offered at my school, so maybe I'll take it at the local university in a year or two. I wanna take it now! *gets impatient*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Reviews: 1
Sun May 22, 2005 9:30 pm
StormLord says...

Creative writing? Out here writing is considered a punishment. Sucks, but nobody askes me
Building a better boneyard

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 22, 2005 10:31 pm
Snoink says...

I am getting an A in my first English class ever this semester! And this time I don't have to grade myself!

w00t.

Usually I give myslef Bs or Cs though. :P

*is unschooled*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon May 23, 2005 10:06 pm
Rei says...

Thats cool. I managed to snag an A for my 4U English class. Don't know how I managed that, since I got a B in 4C, which is supposed to be easier.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu May 26, 2005 11:01 am
Elelel says...

A.

But then I get an A in everything so I don't know if it counts as I'm good at it.

I LOVE English. I have this really good English teacher this year too, he let us do stories and actually taught us alot instead of teaching the same things you got taught in year 7 and letting you get away with bad gramma, this guy rips you work apart in search of the SLIGHTEST error. I like a challenge, and so far I have submitted a test that got only one wrong answer, and that was only because I read Intimate as Intimidate by accident.

But the he went on long service leave. So this term I have the worst teacher in existence, who doesn't even make you read the class novel, but instead we listen to it on tape (I thought one of the purposes of a class novel was to make such the kids at least read something ... must have been mistaken :roll:) and she sets COLLAGES and COMIC STRIPS and other stupid work things that don't really require any skill and aren't a challenge.
I handed in this piece of writing, which if she is a good teacher she will underline the whole thing in red pen searching for errors. I changed tenses at least 3 times, and I scrribled over mistakes (which the better teacher would NEVER stand for. He doesn't even like us writing drafts in the back of our books!) and so forth. I suspect she is a bad teacher, and will live up to her favourite saying ("Think BEYOND it") by marking me well based on the artistic stuff I put in (she likes art, I have no idea why she didn't study that and teach it instead of French and English, and incorperates it into everything). It will be interesting to see if she marks me well or not ... I sort of hope not.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:02 am
hawk says...

I mostly do well in all of my classes. I get mostly A's in English, but it doesnt interest me. I'm better in subjects like Math or Physics, because I have patience for logics where gramma just bores me.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:41 am
Emma says...

We don't have the A B C mark system. As Scotland HAS to be complicated. In first and second year you get levels. So there is:

A, B, C, D, E - Primary School (A if for the younger kids, level A is the easiest)
D, E, F - First And Second Year (In Secondary School) F is the hardest of those.

And the rest.. Its complicated ask some of my friends:

E.g: Harley, lollipop.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:47 pm
little x soldier says...

We don't have grades (don’t work with them).. well not my school..

I do well enough in English classes. Makes a lot stupid mistakes.. Mix up British and American English.. lol
I am very happy I am not one of those ppl. who remembers everything word by word for the exams to get a ten.. And after that? They'll forget the half of it.
I love my English classes! the teacher explains and leave. It's the only time with peace I can get to write.. except in my bed during sleeping times..
Sometimes my classmates steal my paper written works for a while or make a mess of it but I never mind. Sometimes I don’t even bother to realize! That’s it for English class

Xia
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:41 am
Ceylon says...

ugh. I have an essay to turn in every week. It might sound fun to some of you guys but it real sucks because I have to write everything of world History. :lol:
juste essayer

La fin d'ordinaire, et vous ne verriez pas ce que vient.

Comment bon il s'avérera être..

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:46 am
Liz says...

Yeah, we don't have grades at my school. But English is probably my best subject and I do well in the exams. I take Advanced English and Extension English (which is two hours after school a week, so ya gotta be dedicated!)
purple sneakers

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci