Who's your idol?

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat May 07, 2005 6:05 am
Galatea says...

What's the face for?
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

22 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 6:08 am
bulletproof says...

I like the way you think . Have you ever preformed a play before?

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Sat May 07, 2005 6:09 am
emotion_less says...

*cough cough SHE'S A THEATRE MAJOR cough cough* ;)

22 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 6:11 am
bulletproof says...

I believe I was asking her now was I not.

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Sat May 07, 2005 6:14 am
emotion_less says...

Sure you were. However, it was done on a public board, open to the public. As part of the public, I am allowed to respond to any comments on the public board. Therefore, I am allowed to respond to your question. If you want me to not answer your question, it would be best to PM her, so public eyes like mine are not open to it.

128 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 6:16 am
Galatea says...

Yes, indeed I have. I've been in many plays and a few musicals. And thanks emotion less, it's good to know someone here remembers these things.

I love acting, I love writing, and I love singing. I am currently majoring in performance arts, and couldn't be happier. It's impossible to imagine myself doing anything else. I love to perform with ever fiber of my being, beyond my love for literature and language, beyond my desire to listen to beautiful music. There is not a thing on earth I want to do more than act on stage. Nothing.

To all you young aspirers out there--read Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet. It's the most inspirational read I've ever had the joy to experience.

Not to get off topic . . . *sheepish grin* I'm very passionate about few things, this (apparently) being one of them. Don't try to be someone else. How does it help you to know what toothpaste your favorite celebrity uses? Trivia doesn't benefit anyone. Idolising does nothing but injure you.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

22 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 6:23 am
bulletproof says...

I guess you make a point emotion less and I will listen to the words you speak Galatea
and can I get some of the names of the plays that you preformed in like one of my personal favorite plays i preformed in was called juvie.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat May 07, 2005 6:24 am
Shadow Knight says...

I have no Idol.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat May 07, 2005 11:26 am
hawk says...

It's more these are people you admire. I said Hemingway, not because I want to be him (he was not half the man he was as a writer) but because I admire what he wrote. And as for Slash (avator), it's mostly the same thing; I don't want to be a professional guitarist, I just admire him.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

128 Reviews

Sat May 07, 2005 3:41 pm
Galatea says...

Yes, but admiration and idolisation imply very different things. She wanted to know who our idols are. I don't happen to have any. I admire many people, I idolise none.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat May 07, 2005 5:37 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Hilary Duff and Ashlee Simspon are cancers on this country. As are Brittany Spears and Jessica Simpson. American society is becoming nothing more than the horror house mirror image of bad examples set by celebrity. The integrity of this nations young girls has been nearly obliterated because of 'women' like Jesica Simpson. Young girls are objectying themselves by following examples lead by pop culture, and are asking for male objectification because of it. The feminist movement may very well have never had happened due to the objectification steming from pop culture. Promoting wearing clothing that does nothing more than say "look at my breats and *ss, I'm an object."
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 am
hawk says...

It's going to happen to matter what happens. If you're a public figure people are always going to find a way to idolize you. I'm just content no one has mentioned Twiggy or Kate Moss.
I mean, grunge wasn't popular, and as far as I know it was hardly an expression, until they started marketing Kurt Cobain. Who's to say he was less of a bad influence on youth than Ashlee Simson? (although I hate to compare him to people like that). His death caused several other suicides. I guess one can only hope kids that grew into this sort of thing will also grow out of it, without too much damage.
Last edited by hawk on Sun May 08, 2005 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun May 08, 2005 4:54 am
Sam says...

Erg, Qi, I agree with you.

If you want proof, go buy a can of Have-A-Guy-Lick-Off-Your-Shaving-Cream, available at Claires.

(edible body lotion..promoted by Jessica Simpson)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun May 08, 2005 5:28 am
Nai says...

QiGuaiGongFu wrote:Hilary Duff and Ashlee Simspon are cancers on this country. As are Brittany Spears and Jessica Simpson. American society is becoming nothing more than the horror house mirror image of bad examples set by celebrity. The integrity of this nations young girls has been nearly obliterated because of 'women' like Jesica Simpson. Young girls are objectying themselves by following examples lead by pop culture, and are asking for male objectification because of it. The feminist movement may very well have never had happened due to the objectification steming from pop culture. Promoting wearing clothing that does nothing more than say "look at my breats and *ss, I'm an object."

Completely agree with you Qi.

Ashlee Simpson... Jessica Simpson...
::shudders in disgust::

I personally think they are the grimy, rank feces of American culture but that's just me.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles