z

Young Writers Society

Do any make you nauseous?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 pm
idle muse says...

The bit where the girls' finger gets snipped off in House of Wax. And her mouth is glued shut. I have no idea why that scared me so much.
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Krupp says...

I used to be able to eat a steak and watching things like The Devil's Rejects...

But I stopped doing that. Not right for the mental side of your health.

I refuse to watch things like Saw and Hostel where they condone torture. Torture absolutely infuriates me as a human being. Inflicting pain on someone like that is sick.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:59 pm
Aedomir says...

House of Wax...

Saw...

Hostel...
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:22 pm
View Likes
LolitaRose says...

There's one scene in Sweeney Todd when Antony gets beaten by the Beadle. Not because of how gory it was, but because I wasn't expecting it at the time. I was eating some popcorn while looking inside the bag to see how much was left, and then he shows up with his broken lips, and blood are all around his face.

Saw doesn't gross me out, though. My dad watched horror movies all the time when I was little, so I'm used to blood and gore. Even when I am disgusted, the sides of my mouth twitch, or I laugh. It's a weird reaction. o.O
no second thoughts, the knife is nearing
you'll never hear the little pitter patter pitter patter

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun May 11, 2008 1:57 am
kimmy says...

i absolutely hate the saw movies!!! they make me so sick!
last time i watched one (the first one) i was crying with disgust the whole time while meanwhile my boyfriend was glued to the tv going its okay kimmy....OMG THATS SICK!! yes, he was very reassuring lol
Keep writing!
<3 kimmy

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...."
- Edward Cullen

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon May 12, 2008 3:43 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I usually avoid horror movies like the plague, but War of the Worlds was pretty gross to me. Sucking up the blood and then spraying it all over the place... *shudder*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon May 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Twit says...

The bit in The Fly when whatshisface - Brundlefly? - vomits all over the other guy's foot and melts it.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 12, 2008 4:34 pm
JFW1415 says...

Yeah, I second sunshine.

I tend to avoid gross movies. I actually haven't seen many at all...yet sometimes I watch them anyway. I have a strong stomach, but I don't know how well I'll do against Saw.

Oh, and Sleepy Hollow was pretty awful. They were really gory about cutting off the heads.

And there was a scene in Juno that creeped me out, actually. They have Juno and Mark watching a gory movie, and a woman is having something driven through her stomach. I totally wasn't expecting them to show that - it was awful.

~JFW1415

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:03 am
Conrad Rice says...

The Mist, especially the end of it.

First time it's ever happened to me with a movie.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:41 am
hellodaydream says...

LolitaRose wrote:There's one scene in Sweeney Todd when Antony gets beaten by the Beadle. Not because of how gory it was, but because I wasn't expecting it at the time. I was eating some popcorn while looking inside the bag to see how much was left, and then he shows up with his broken lips, and blood are all around his face.

Saw doesn't gross me out, though. My dad watched horror movies all the time when I was little, so I'm used to blood and gore. Even when I am disgusted, the sides of my mouth twitch, or I laugh. It's a weird reaction. o.O

That scene made me laugh so hard. Antony looked deranged and slightly drunk.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:24 am
coryab222 says...

For me, it is Schindler's List. It also makes me cry every time.
How hard can it be to just let go and drift away with the wind?

"would you still love me if i was a worm" yeah babe i would AND id get you your own compost bin so we could enter gardening competitions together
— Corvid