I'm saying...

How do you do freewriting?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu May 05, 2005 1:27 am
Ego says...

I turned off all the lights and just started writing. Not about anything in pareticular, and not thinking about what I was writing.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu May 05, 2005 1:39 am
Bobo says...

You just sit down and write whatever comes to mind. I rarely freewrite myself, I mostly just talk with me. I'm not scizophrenic (or however you spell that)! And neither am I, so there!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu May 05, 2005 2:21 am
Sam says...

schizophroenic :wink:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu May 05, 2005 2:22 am
Sam says...

or not...sorry lol
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu May 05, 2005 2:24 am
Nai says...

So... you write anything you think of when the lights are off...?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu May 05, 2005 3:07 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

free write is like getting your feelings on paper.... you just let thoughts from your head flow through your pen/pencil onto paper, and then you throw your troubles away (recycling bin/trash can)......

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu May 05, 2005 4:55 am
Crysi says...

I just did a freewrite today. I closed my eyes and started typing. Amazingly, I caught my two main voices in it.. And it was really inspiring. As always, it referred (graphically) to my depression, but the second half of it was kind of cheering me up, encouraging me to move on and live. It was very interesting.
Love and Light

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu May 05, 2005 5:18 am
Galatea says...

a) this thread already exists (sort of) in the Writing Activities section--> forum/viewtopic.php?t=458

b) Automatic Writing Meditation: "Sit comfortably in a quiet, dark room. Light a light-coloured candle (white is prefered, but pink or pale blue work as well). If you wish, you can have soft, meditative, lyricless music in the background. Before you place a notebook and hold in hand the utensil you use most often when you write. Place the pen as if to start writing at the top of the page, then close your eyes and clear your mind. Allow the pen to drift into a line, or scribbles, or whatever feels natural. Don't think too much about what you're doing. Allow the words to come naturally, try not to force thought or force writing. After practicing this skill regularly, you'll come up with some really neat things. Ocassionally, the writing gets a little creepy, since you spend a great deal writing from your subconcious. But it's good for freeing your mind and relaxation."

I love this exercise.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat May 07, 2005 3:00 pm
Rei says...

It really is quite revealing what can come out in a free write. I used to do it all the time, and it always helped me work out what I was feeling.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat May 07, 2005 5:30 pm
Chanson says...

you just start writing. well, at least i do. you just start off on a certain subject (could be how your feeling right then or a rant against your parents...whatever) and then write whatever jumps into your mind and you write and write until you just can't anymore. the words go down on paper/on the screen so fast that you hardly have a chance to realise what you've written and sometimes, when you go back, it can be shocking to see what you've written.

it's fascinating, i love it. i think it really improves my writing.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat May 07, 2005 9:11 pm
Zion says...

lol thats how I wrote a great poem "Alien God" on AIM i was just talking with Tara when suddenly I started typing stuff I didnt knew what I was even really writng just let loose my mind
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri May 13, 2005 10:45 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i want to try freewriting at some point... i did something once which i suppose could have been
freewriting cause it had a load of random stuff and things which i wouldnt normally say or write
down but which is inside me all the same.

twas v strange...

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri May 13, 2005 10:46 pm
Ego says...

i did more freewriting--again, kinda weird and scary tacular. Check it out in dramatic poetry or in my blog. yay!

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea