Young Writers Society

What is your fav movie?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:22 pm
Firestarter says...

STARGATE! WOOOO!

Except, Areida, The Patriot? Braveheart? Two of the most historicall inaccurate films in history.

I know you like watching British people getting beaten, but really. In the Patriot, they get the battles all so very, very wrong.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:26 pm
Areida says...

Good heavens, I know...but still. The acting is really good, you must admit. What I think is hilarious about Braveheart is that William Wallace really was a noble...LOL... Stargate rocks. I love it. I want to get the first season of SG1 on DVD because I've never seen ANY of them... :(
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:27 pm
Firestarter says...

Never seen any?? I've seen most of the episodes lol! It's brilliant!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:39 pm
Areida says...

Yeah, yeah..rub it in, Jack...LOL... :wink:

This is totally OT but I love that song by Bowling for Soup- "Almost"...it's on the radio right now and I'm bouncing around and singing...LOL...I look retarded but it's fun. :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:41 pm
Rei says...

I wish people would figure out the concept of "based on" when it comes to books and history, or anything, that have been adapted into movies. It's a very precise medium, and you can't do half as much in a movie as you can in a novel. Only books that are about 40K words long or so can be adapted exactly as written. Even then, it's not always possible. Things have to be changed, and the sceenwriter is allowed to have some creativity in terms of the characters.

Well, that's my mini rant, here's my favourite movies:

Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal
All the Star Wars movies (in fact, just about everything George Lucas and/or Jim Henson made)
LOTR
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Titan AE
Ghost in the Shell
Endless Waltz
Whale Rider
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:46 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

OMG! I forgot about Team America! T_T that film was just gross at points though with the whole continuous puking, I was just about to leave for a second when eh finally stopped lol. And David Bowie is hot in that film! I think it's the make-up...and the accent...even though I have the same one...whatever he's just fit :oops:

Monty Python is hilarious but I don't like his meaning of life, I watched that round my mates the other day and we live right next to a graveyard. I couldn't stop thinking about the Death character walking home lol. I hate the bit where the guy keeps throwing up and then explodes, yuck. Holy Grail is the best one, with the Robin Hood songs lol
Last edited by dreaming_mouse on Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:48 pm
Zion says...

dreaming_mouse wrote:
Moulin Rouge ...yeah, Nicole is HOT...

I'm not a lesbian but she is in that film lol, I'd kill to look like her or just be that skinny. Have you seen her in Stepford Wives? She is so fit (I'm really not gay lol) when she goes blonde in that film.

YES! She was soooo amazing in the movie, unfortuanlty the movie was great in the begining but then it got screwed up.

1. Mulholland Drive

WOOOOAH! You have actually watched it? Whats it like? I only heard that was very very confusing.

Oh yes! I also love:
Cube
Cube:HyperCube
Crow
Crow 2
Stargate
Star trek (duh...)
D&D Series if anyone is old they'll now what is about, I was very young then
Andromeda
Farscape
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

49 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:50 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

The first time I saw Moulin Rouge I was 12 so I didn't understand ture love, so when she died I couldn't stop laughing. Everytime I watch it now though I'm like holding onto the cat and crying lol, "Roxanne" I think is the best song.

798 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:54 pm
Areida says...

Oh, definitely, DM...that scene with "Roxanne" is so well done...with all the flashing back and forth to the different scenes...so poignant.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:55 pm
Zion says...

yeah....I love that scene. I dont rember it very well though :P
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

49 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:04 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I think it's the scene where you see that the Duke really is an evil *cough**cough* and not just the sad loser you love to laugh at lol. I think the thing I like most about the film though are the costumes and songs, I would love to have a slim waist just to get into one of those costumes! Especially the silver diamond one Nicole wore

798 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:06 pm
Areida says...

Good Lord...I wish I had her body...I'm taking up Tae Kwon Do, so maybe I'll become less of a pudgemuffin...LOL
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

685 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:10 pm
Rei says...

Oh yeah. And Phantom of the Opera. I'm sure the movie was just fine. The music is wonderful, but I doubt anything could compare to watching it live at the Pantages theatre in Toronto. (other than perhaps one of the big theatres in New York) It was so successful, it played for years. I got to see it when I was twelve.

685 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:15 pm
Rei says...

Naw, you don't want to be that thin. A few months ago there was this exhibit I went to of movie costumes, and I saw how tiny some of those women are. I can't believe Julia Roberts can be that thin and still be alive. I don't think I could have fit into that dress.

49 Reviews

Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:17 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I've tried everything to get her body now I'm gonna do it the easy way lol: Surgery, just need to start saving...

I think it's amazing though hwo they can make her go from looking beautiful into really drab like in The Others etc

I know history. There are many names in history, but none of them are ours.
— Richard Siken