z

Young Writers Society

Microsoft Word

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:25 am
Crysi says...

OMG I HATE MICROSOFT WORD!!!

Honestly.. I don't trust the corrections anymore. The grammar corrections suck. I'm really picky when it comes to grammar, so I don't make many mistakes with it. However, Word will take a perfectly good sentence and screw it up so it doesn't even make sense anymore.

As for fonts.. I've downloaded a few, such as Dragonwick, Courthand, and Tolkien. I'm so obsessed with fonts that if I see a certain font on a poster or commercial I can tell you exactly what it is. I've noticed that a lot of people use Papyrus.. I really like the Edwardian Script and Vivaldi.
Love and Light

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:30 am
ohhewwo says...

...wow...you're my hero...you are the Font Master

*bows down*

that was weird.

I'm used to Word, because we use it at my school. What I hate more ie WordPerfect. ew.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:09 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

www.openofice.org

OPEN SOURCE!!

FREE!!!

BETTER THAN MICROSOFT WORD!

Mic Word can't do anything OO can't. Microsoft is all pissed off at Open Office for this very thing, its very similar, only not nearly as glitchy, free, downloadable, java based, and open sourced, so anyone who wants to make it better can.

On that note, apolish IE at the same time, and download Mozilla or FireFox from www.mozilla.org.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:39 am
Snoink says...

Qi: lol

I like Word, if only for the commenting feature. It makes my life a whole lot easier.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:15 am
hi-mi-tsu says...

Blarg. Word. So annoying but still one of the more decent programs out there for editing purposes. The whole grammar thing pisses me off, though...when you're writing a frigging poem almost every line (for me at least) is a frigging fragment! And so the whole thing is underlined with green squigglies!!!! x.x
It's still a good little program, though.
"I am in a duel to the death with this wallpaper! One of us has to go!"~Oscar Wilde, right before he died

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Firestarter says...

Qi, you life-saver. I couldn't for the life of me remember that program that was supposedly better than Word.

Oh, and I already use Firefox. I guess it's time to get rid of Word too...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:21 pm
Harley says...

Lol lots of people hate word!! Go us! :P

67 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:54 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

No grammer squiglies in OpenOffice.
Open Office has the comment feature.
BWA! i still win!
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:48 pm
niteowl says...

No, you lose. Because when I clicked on your link, I got a Bible Study page. Did you mean: http://www.openoffice.org?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:34 pm
Harley says...

LMAO, Qi!!!!! Go you, Tae. :P

67 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:45 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

... well im no genious. so i messed up!
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:08 am
Nate says...

Everything everyone has complained about thus far can be turned off. For instance, you can choose whether or not to have the green squiggles, check for grammar, and you can turn the pencil thing off. You just need to go through the options and preferences.

Personally, I have no problem with Word. I have the green squiggles turned off, I never use grammar check since it's impossible for a computer to know correct grammar, and the little pencil thing is turned off for me. It also loads extremely fast and has everything that I need.

On the firefox note that Qi brought up... GET FIREFOX EVERYONE! YWS runs a lot better on it :P

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:11 am
niteowl says...

Sorry Nate. I would if I actually owned this computer, but it's still technically my dad's, even though he's in Indiana Mon.-Fri. So I can't really mess around with big stuff like that.

YOU CAN TURN IT OFF??????????!!!!!! Hallelujah! O:) O:) O:)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:26 am
Nai says...

I CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:26 am
little x soldier says...

Word, word word!!!
I have bo idean how to work with that.
First I got Microsoft works.. I liked that moer than what I have now, WORD!
It makes me go crazy...! No idea how to work with it. New, but I get thing like that faster than I know... actually...

later xxx Xia xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca