z

Young Writers Society

So who got a snow day today?

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 pm
Alicia K. Hudson says...

Oh my. I live in Ontario; Canada, and it hasn't even snowed yet! Is that weird? Well, it hasn't snowed where I am. It's snowed up farther north though, probably, I think so. I really want it to snow, though. I wish it would...

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Skye says...

Yeah, Snoink, what's wrong with you? 55 degrees would be great! :) No snow here yet, but we're expecting some tonight -- up to thirteen inches, I believe!
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:03 am
Ares says...

All my friends in Colorado got a delayed start to school. Too bad the snow didn't reach central Indiana...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:08 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... actually, I'm not bothered by it. Everyone else is bundled up in heavy jackets. It's HILARIOUS.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:01 am
Cassandra says...

Yeah. So I just saw the weather and APPARENTLY it's going to rain here. Rain! It's not even going to get that cold! *sigh*
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:14 am
gyrfalcon says...

*sings* Hallelujah! Hallelujah!!!!!!! :-)
Bird doesn't have Latin tomorow, Bird doesn't have Latin tomorow!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:57 am
Wiggy says...

Yay gyr! :D

Okay, it was totally 70 degree weather all of this week, and then it dropped to below freezing in one day! That's St. Louis weather for ya, though, eh Clau and gyr? :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:45 am
gyrfalcon says...

Know whatcha mean, Wiggy. But if you think St. Louis weather is freaky, Truman weather is downright STRANGE!!!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:22 pm
tinny says...

I've never had a snow day. Sometimes the heating stops working but all they happens is we're told to wear warmer clothes.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:25 pm
Tinkerbell says...

i live by the sea so it never snows. although my parents told me of a time the sea froze over, awesome huh?
The show must go on- Moulin Rouge

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:03 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Hooray. School doesn't open for three more hours today. :D

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:36 pm
Via says...

I know--it was like 65 out yesterday, today it supposed to be like 35 haha. The wind is blowing so hard that leaves will fall off trees all the way across the quad and won't stop until they are plastered against the side on my building. It's ridiculous.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:32 pm
Skye says...

OMGZ, Snow Day!! :D
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:27 am
Emerson says...

NOTHING is compared to what just happened to me today.

Our power went out at midnight last night and just came on 15 minutes ago or so. It was below 30 all day today, so cold! There was ice all over my car, the garadge wouldn't open so we couldn't get my dads car out. There is ice everywherep I should take pictures of some of the trees, they are seriously covered in ice. Not snow, ICE.

Wow. That was crazy! I love you computer *hugs Ameren UE* (the power company.)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:31 am
David Guinness says...

Oh, poor Clau! I hope the ice melts off soon!

I had a snow day yesterday as well. We had eight inches here, I believe. This was the first snow day I've had since...fifth grade? Wow. Kids were slipping and sliding all over our campus today, and most cars were moving at around five miles per hour.
David Guinness

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill