z

Young Writers Society

No Halo movie?!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:01 am
LamaLama says...

Halo, cannot, unfortunately do it all by its lonesome. It doesn't beat out most of the fanboy edge.

Apparently, the Wii is offering much of the same things that the PS3 will offer, at half the price, according to Wired, (always a trustworthy source)
Which means its going to slaughter PS3.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:22 am
Chandni says...

Haloo well I think the game is veryyyy pretty :) Never played it but I love watching it when its played cause the graphics are sooo nice, a movie about it ? Could be intresting, too bad the idea was cut off :(
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:39 am
Ego says...

PS3 just doesn't have the exclusive titles to make it stand out against the 360, ya know? There are a ton of titles announced that were originally supposed to be PS3 exclusive that are now coming out for 360 as well. I tihnk Sony is gonna get shafted this time around, as long as it can keep the creativity flowin'.

I still have my bets on 360, hands down, for the win in sales. Halo 3, Halo Wars, and Peter Jackson's Halo (the GAME, not the movie ;)) will be a huge part of that.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

52 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:05 am
LamaLama says...

The problems with the PS3 are largely due to its price. Everything they've got is acceptable, but 600 dollars is just too much to pay. It has the fowel stink of the dreamcast all over it. Sony's world wide headquarters named a new president recently- an american. They're desperate. Their investment in the Blue Ray technology is failing (700 dollars for a burner is also too much) and they've lost exclusivity with Final Fantasy, GTA, and others.

But more than that, its going to be upgradeable. People aren't willing to pay the extra money for something that wont deliver immediately. Its comperable to ording a pizza for 30 dollars, on the promise that the pepperoni will come later.

Microsoft has managed to buy out the exclusive titles (almost all of them) which means the massive storage space on teh blueray will be for naught, because they've got to prepare for 360 at the same time.

Its bigggest blunder, however, is relying on the playstation to do things that people use their computer for. People aren't going to do one or the other, they'll have a computer already. And since computer technology is just as good, people aren't looking for a media center. They're looking for a video game. Sony wont be able to out do the computer industry with a 600 dollar machine, when they can get a Dell, play the same games, and watch TV at the same time, all for the same price.

Sony, until now, has been at the forefront of gaming technology, but, as I have said before, and will continue to say, its going to be Microsoft's turn. As much as I hate microsoft, their gaming guys have got their heads on strait. They know what they're doing, and how to sell to the consumer (imagine that...:roll:)

Nintendo ran into problems when they continuously tried to re-invent the wheel. The Wii, while interesting, will lose sales because of its [explitive]ed up controller.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:13 am
Insomnium says...

"Halo is more than pointless death and destruction"

The key to making a good movie to suit the masses and make money is a pointless death and destruction movie with some aspects of the Halo storyline. People are easily amused by violence.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:23 pm
Tassen Spellbinder says...

Another company has to make the movie, there cant not be a halo movie! It would be an outrage! A scandal! It IS a scandal!
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:55 pm
Ego says...

That's not true at all, Insomnium--if that were ture,the every movie would be a war movie and no movies would have stroylines.

If Peter Jackson has agreed to Produce, it will be much more than a mere shoo'em up movie.
Got YWS? I do.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:26 pm
The Jesseble says...

if i was a film producer i'd be scared to touch the halo storyline. imagine if the movie turned out to be a flop, then the amazing game would always be compared to the film that wasn't as good as first thought.

Phoenix wrote: If Peter Jackson has agreed to Produce, it will be much more than a mere shoo'em up movie.

I agree...Peter jackson is an incredible guy. he could make a movie about my earlobes and it would be exciting.
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

52 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:28 pm
LamaLama says...

I dunno about that one. Jackson has pushed out plenty of schlock in his day. If no one remembers 'The Frighteners' There's a good reason for that. Some goes for "Jack Brown Genius" and "Meet the Feebles"

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:13 pm
Ego says...

The difference between those and the Halo, LOTR, and King Kong movies are the sheer amount of information about them.

All of these movies are, in essence, Fan Movies gone Big.

With the comapny that MADE Halo backing him, there is no way Peter Jackson can get the story wrong. They simply won't let him. Bungie is an incredibly fan-oriented company, and they will do everything in their power to satisfy the fans.
Got YWS? I do.

52 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:14 pm
LamaLama says...

I think the difference is that Jackson already has the story, and the image to work with, so the ammount of original thinking he has to do is minimal.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:16 pm
Ego says...

Exactly. This is not something Peter Jackson can mess up. It would be better, however, if he were directing as well.
Got YWS? I do.

52 Reviews

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:51 am
LamaLama says...

*Groan* I doubt that a lot. I don't apreciate his "everything is dark, dark dark dark dark dark, and a little light, when I have too, but then dark dark dark superfelous love story, dark dark dark dark dark" brand of directing. I didn't like the way he handled LOTR. The books weren't that grim.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:07 pm
Firestarter says...

I think he just tried to insert some depths of grim reality into the story of LotR, rather tha interpreting it like a lot of people with happy elves running about and such. I quite liked the way he did it, FotR was amazing, the other two pretty good.

I'm not sure the Halo movie will be that good though. It'll do really well at the box office, that's for sure, just because of the audience that already exists, but it'll still fail to deliver a quality film.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:48 pm
Nate says...

200 million pounds!? No movie is that good.

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars