z

Young Writers Society

Weird Fears

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:34 pm
Galatea says...

I thought of another one last night while I was brushing my teeth.

I'm still afraid of underneath the bed, especially when It's dark, and I can't see what lurks along with the dustbunnies.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:23 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

no kids... i was kidding.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:28 pm
Firestarter says...

I am scared of extra long forks.

Don't ask.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:56 pm
Wulie says...

hehe * laughs at firestarter in a nice way* Hmmm weird fears... I can't think of any *thinks* oh oh I'm scared of the cleaner thing in my pool - its SO scary! Actually I'm scared of being on my oen in the pool 'cause I used to dream when I was little that it would turn into a muddy wirl pool and kill me... -sighs- it was soooo scary!!! I love other pools I love swimming just scared of mine!
wu x
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:56 pm
Perra says...

Galatea wrote:Mirrors. Especially in dark rooms.

And porcelin clown dolls. The Harliquin kind. I am PETRIFIED of those.

Oh! You just reminded me of another fear I have! Of eyes on inanimate objects. Mainly dolls. I don't have any dolls in my room that I can see. They're either up in my closet or in a drawer. Sometimes I don't like eyes in drawings or posters. And pictures. If I have a CD case out, and it has eyes on the cover, I'll put something over the CD case so I can't see the eyes. It's mainly when the eyes are big.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:27 pm
Lara St. Muerte says...

open windows, unlocked doors, people looking over my shoulder, anyone looking at me that i dont know... those are things that creep me out,

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:51 pm
Misty says...

Yeah I'm REALLY scared of mirrors in the dark. My imagination insists that there is a ghost behind the mirror about to reach out a long, pasty white arm and grab me, then yank me through the mirror into a strange world of...weird creatures who reach through mirrors and grab me.

I'm also afraid of there being a corpse in my closet. I watched smallville once, where the mom's corpse was in the closet, and now I have to check the closet every night before I go to bed. Also, feet crunching in the snow in the dark. In general, the dark....being in any lake of any sort *I'm afraid of the loch ness monster...even in eastern washington...I'm weird.*

I don't know why, but niteowl, I always hear my dad calling my name in the middle of the night, right before I get to sleep. Then the sound of my name, "misty...misty isty isty isty" resonates through my body for like a minute, and I get the chills. It freaks me out.

that's about it.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:44 pm
Nai says...

!!! got another fear!

Being in a cornfield at night and/or being at an abandoned farmhouse at night.

But the reason why the fear started isn't what you think...

Not from Children of the Corn... (i thought that movie was incredibly stupid)

Not from Jason in Hell or whatever when he comes back from the dead and murders some kids getting ready to do it in an empty farmhouse at night...

But from an X-FILES EPISODE

Not sure how old I was but it was at least 5 or 6 years ago because I remember being in my old house.

And i'm also not entirely sure about what the episode was about,but it was something like this: These really nasty, dark undead-like freaks who lived a normal life in a farmhouse but had a tendency of killing people finally were found by police one day. First they sent like 2 investigators to show up at the house and check it out. I don't remember what happened to the first one but I do know he died. The other one walked inside the house and all of the sudden a swinging axe comes out from the dark ceiling and kills the guy. Next Scully and Mulder come in and find the remnants of the two investigators. Scared the CRAP out of me they had all these really creepy camera angles that showed you the one big guy and he apparently is the one who killed one of the investigators...

Ah i'm going on to a tangent again sorry

Point is the episode all together scared the hell out of me and that's the night my habit of listening to music when I go to bed started.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:19 am
Tara says...

lol, I gotta really wierd one. Having the lights on @ night. Can't stand it, drives me nuts. Sometimes even scares me. The other night I got this wierd feeling that freaked me out. I was just siting there, frozen, but as soon as I turned out all the lights I was fine. Wow, I feel like a vampire or something. lol, j/k. :twisted:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:25 pm
Incandescence says...

I am afraid of being eaten.

I guess by cannibals or something.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:09 pm
Chevy says...

My sister also has a fear of large forks--but also of large spoons. It gets really annoying because she won't eat unless her untensil is a certain size. :rolls eyes: She's crazy
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:52 pm
Firestarter says...

My sister also has a fear of large forks

Okay, did nobody notice my sarcasm?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:41 am
Elelel says...

I'm completely creeped out by my sister when she jumps out at me making weird noises holding her hand (palm outwards) over her mouth all wiggling her fingers at me. It just makes my skin crawl. And earwigs. I CAN NOT STAND earwigs. *shudders at thought of earwigs* Also, I'm creeped out and scared when people touch my hair.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:08 am
Crysi says...

Galatea wrote:I thought of another one last night while I was brushing my teeth.

I'm still afraid of underneath the bed, especially when It's dark, and I can't see what lurks along with the dustbunnies.

I actually am nervous about any part of my body hanging over the bed when I sleep. I used to be so afraid that something under the bed would grab me, so I ended up jumping onto my bed from two feet away lol. I still don't like standing right next to my bed..

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:22 pm
Perra says...

I sometimes get just a little creeped out if I have to check under my bed for anything.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening