z

Young Writers Society

Merry Christmas!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:35 pm
Nate says...

So how did everyone's Christmas go?

Had a big family dinner yesterday and later on we all went to midnight mass, which was great because I saw some friends of mine that I haven't seen in years. This morning I was woken up by my siblings and we went to open our presents. Then we watched The Polar Express, which I think would've been much better if it was live-action. Later on today there'll be another big family dinner.

All in all, it was a good Christmas, especially since I got to see old friends of mine. My parents really liked a photo album that started with their wedding and ended with a picture taken a year ago that me and my siblings prepared for them. And yesterday I spent a lot of time with one of my neighbors watching the Skins game and designing a pong type game using a program (Game Maker) we found a couple days ago.

Merry Christmas! :xmas_happy:
Last edited by Nate on Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:31 pm
Fool says...

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Everything is great at christmas... My christmas is still going on, its only 4.30 and im relaxing after the christmas dinner. Everything is good.

Merry Christmas everybody!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:47 pm
zelithon says...

i got a bike and books!
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:11 pm
Emma says...

Heh, my grandparent's came over and we had a big roast dinner followed by this big chocolate cake which was so cool. I got lots of clothes and spanking brand new straighteners. This christmas has been fun! Plus I got the latest book of Darren Shan, Demon Theif. Wow I'm so happy!!

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:51 pm
Chevy says...

As for gifts: I was hoping to get a Les Paul (guitar). Oh well...maybe for my birthday in February or for a graduation gift in May...as long as I have one before I go to college Next year.
I got $60 to spend at the music store which rocks...$10 to spend at blockbuster which is really cool because I want to see Day After Tomorrow again and $5 for Taco Bell (fav restaurant) and $10 from my grandparents which I will probably spend at the music store too :-D.

We went to church, and then we came home and we're getting ready to go to the Movies and then we'll probably just come back home. I played guitar all throughout service today and I even got to sing a little which was awesome. So yeah...Christmas didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:07 am
Beethoven says...

Well, I had a wonderful Christmas. Our Christmas Eve service was really special. This is our first Christmas Eve service together as a new church (eh, long story, but yeah....). I was in choir, and mom signed to O Holy Night (a young man did the solo). It was just very very beautiful.

So! On to presents. More fun than actually getting was the surprise of my family when they opened my gifts. I really shocked my mom. But! Let's see, I got a lovely book full of pictures of castles- great for fantasy paintings. Also got a brilliant red felt hat, that looks like something from the 20s. <3 A box set of Eragon and Eldest (mom didn't realize it was to be a trilogy, but that's okay- the set it really cool, and I'm trying to get a big ol' library set up before I go away to colelge). I also got some really soft soft socks, Veggie Tales' Jonah (my mentor was the Layout Director, so I got to see his name in the credits!!!), a few other things, and a really beautiful ornament which my aunt gave me, découpaged with a bunch of Japanese pictures.

So, yeah, I feel very loved My mom actually cried when she opened the gift from her parents, which was a set of goblets which she had loved as a child.
Your existence is overbearing.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:27 am
Bjorn says...

Merry Christmas to all!(and a Happy Hannukah to those whom it applies for tommorow!).

I was at Midnight Mass at 12:00 in the morning, and my cousin, as always, came over, for a few days. We had a nice, big, filling dinner. Followed by the opening of presents(got a shirt 3/4 made from hemp from my cousin, $15, 2 movies, a shirt, Monopoly, and a gift card for Electronics Boutique), then the eating of my moms cookies and cakes(and various other snacks, and smoked meats), and watching various movies(up till now). Tommorow we're going out on the town, and watching, I hope, 'The Chronicles'.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:02 am
Areida says...

Merry Christmas everyone!

The candlelight service at church last night was really beautiful. I stopped singing for a little while to just look around, and it was truly amazing. Seeing all the faces, the poinsettias and stained glass windows lit only by individual candles was fantastic.

This morning was fun. I got a ton of great books, but most notably, I got jump (flash) drives from both parents so I'll never lose all my writing again (like I did when my computer got a worm a month ago... I lost EVERYTHING that wasn't on here), and a digital camera. I'm driving my family crazy because I'm taking sooo many pictures. But it's fun.

We've mostly been sitting around and playing with presents and stuff... we had some people come over. Extended family and all that goodness. We just did our annual, cheesiness filled sister Christmas program for our dad and grandparents, so that was amusing.

Overall, I've had a fantastic day. :xmas_happy:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:57 am
Crysi says...

Oh my goodness, I was spoiled, lol. Merry Christmas!! I had a wonderful time. I went to the service yesterday, and it was great. My pastor took a few verses and changed them to a politically correct version, which had us all dying of laughter. Especially when he brought in the government as part of it... Then we all had communion and lit our candles, and it was amazing... I just wish I had brought my camera with me. It's one of the most beautiful sights I see all year.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so I got up around 8. We all went downstairs, had our customary fire, hot chocolate, and pajamas, and then we started opening presents. I felt so horrible about not getting my parents anything, but they didn't mind too much.

Presents? *grins* Nintendo DS with Nintendogs, three CDs, LOTS of really cute clothes, lip venom (FUN stuff... :twisted: ), the complete set of the Chronicles of Narnia, a hair straightener, and and and... so much more. Omg, I felt SO bad... I couldn't believe it when they would bring out yet ANOTHER present! Oh well...

My mom was spoiled, too. My dad got her a digital camera and an iPod Nano, which I promptly took and tried to figure out for her, lol. I didn't know they had color screens... and SOLITAIRE. Really easy solitaire though - I won on my first game, lol.

My poor boy was sick though... He got sick just this morning. He's been taking care of his family over the weekend because they've been sick, and now they're better but he feels horrible. :( It made me sad... I called him and he sounded so pathetic on the phone... I just wished I could be there with him. Oh well...

So yeah, that was basically my Christmas. Very cool, very low-key, very... different, somehow. I didn't want ANYTHING for Christmas. I didn't have ANY excitement or adrenaline rushes toward today. I don't know... Maybe it's because I'm older and changing my perspective a lot. Maybe it's because we didn't do a lot of our traditions this year. Maybe I'm just PMSing, lol. To take Mesh's phrase, it was like the magic was taken out of it... I dunno. But I've rambled enough here, so... yeah. :P
Love and Light

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss