z

Young Writers Society

Strict and up-tight

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:43 pm
Bobo says...

Amen, Crysi. Of course, the Randomness forum isn't the Spam forum, just so no one gets the wrong idea. It's lax, but it's not a place you can go and post twenty one-smiley posts in a row.

I think some people like me and Qi might get serious a bit faster on here because we spend so much time in the debate forums, lol. I just want to point out that we're not going to just change whenever someone doesn't like something, but we will listen to you if you want to PM us about specific instances, so please do. And don't be afraid of Qi, his bark is worse than his bite. I think.

Also, the last writing site I was a member of had no control and was never updated, and I hated it because no thread anywhere seemed to last for more than a day without turning Randomness-worthy. I don't want this site to become like that, and you should be happy that we work hard to keep it from becoming a chaos. Yes, I just used that as a quantitative noun.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:47 pm
zelithon says...

Emma "No offense to any of you guys but I would really like to point this out to all of you, as this is how I really feel about this place. Just recently I have noticed how up-tight this place is. It's practically scary. I mean, you're not allowed to bump, double post, or go off topic. Many people here take a lot of things seriously -- so you have to be careful what you say.

I still love all of you guys to bits, but I don't know... I think I have gotten to that stage where I don't feel that welcome and I'm not really my real self when I post. I mean, I can upset people so easily here and other places people just take it as a joke and move on with.

Sorry, but don't you think that maybe it would be fun for us to loosen up a bit? No offense but I am getting slightly 'annoyed' at some members (you probably know who it is, but I'm not telling anyway.)
Please! Be fun! Sometimes, even the randomness area can be all serious and scary!

I know, feel offended, shout at me, hate me -- but to be honest this is how I feel. " (abrievated)
I underlined every thing that proves emma's point.
I used to get offended on this sight but then I just stopped careing after seeing one of Qi's angry posts. I no longer get annoyed at ANYONE here. I luv you all!
Be cool 8)
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:34 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Debate and SERIOUS discussion. Randomness is for fun, and I am quite amusing when not being serious....

Bobo(the rockenest bobo around) wrote:And don't be afraid of Qi, his bark is worse than his bite. I think.

Ahmen dude. Ahmen.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:28 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I, personally, don't feel that YWS is strict, but maybe that's just because I haven't been a victim of rule judgement, since I haven't really broken any...yet. :P I've been a forum-goer since I was like...8, so I know how to handle certain things.

Anyway, I've noticed with my Experimental Self-Exile from Debate. (ESED. :P), that things seem more laidback at YWS as long as you don't near the Debate forum.

A sense of judgment + a sense of humor will take someone far. I'm not sure who the bad guy is here, even though there's really not one, but we should just understand that everyone is different. Some people are funny. Some people are serious. Some people are sensitive. Some people have the sensitivity of a crowbar. Rules will exist no matter where you go; they set the balance, if you will. They are there for reason.

(Although I still don't see what's the big deal about bumping...:P)

MisterWaffles tries to strike a balance between serious and silly at all times. MisterWaffles is neutral in this debate, since MisterWaffles can't help but love everyone, including MisterWaffles. MisterWaffles likes his name: MisterWaffles.

*WARNING! Participating in the Debate forum may cause increased aging rate! :P

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:21 am
Misty says...

:P I agree with you Emma. In a way. But in another way the Mods are right, it can't become hell like a lot of other writing sites...Is Qi's bark really worse than his bite? Hmm...if you say so Jordan, I guess i trust your judgement...

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:23 am
Misty says...

*rereads Crysi's post* Hah, Crysi, I got kicked off of that same writing site, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Note to self-never give alleged "Best friend" password to your account on school computer, or he will go HAYWIRE on you and post a million bad things in your name the first time he gets mad...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:58 am
Crysi says...

YFW? Yeah... Daniel changed my password (I forget why... To see my PMs or something) and then I had to ask for it via email. *laughs* Smart boy... changed my password to HIS! So that was fun, snooping around his account... I was a good girl and didn't do anything. Just wanted to see exactly what he was saying about me...

*ahem* I only do stuff like that to people I don't like. It was harmless. And I let him know he should change his password.
Love and Light

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison