z

Young Writers Society

Chronicles of Narnia is coming to theaters soon!

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:49 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Good question.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:17 pm
Areida says...

I have no idea. It drives me crazy how everybody acts like The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe is the only one... The Magician's Nephew was my favourite for a long time. But I've seen some pictures of the kids they picked, and they look perfect. The only problem I have so far is that Jadis is blonde... didn't she have black hair in the books?

And the books technically aren't an allegory, meaning that not everything is intended to represent something else. It's a supposal-- i.e. Suppose there was this whole other world. What would its Christ and Satan be like?

But it looks great. C.S. Lewis is one of my favourite authors; I hope they do him justice.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:25 pm
zelithon says...

It is not the first movie because The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe was written first, even though the "first" book was took place before it, it was written second. Make sence? I hope everyone who has not read them start reading them just because of the movie, like The Lord of the Rings; it sort of ditracts from it.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:50 am
Doctor Kitty says...

What you just said is a perfect reason to start with the Magician's Nephew though. :wink:
Teehee, you argued two points at once.

I believe The Magician's Nephew was the last book Lewis wrote, so we'll probably have to wait 15 years before we even see it in movie form. XP

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:56 am
zelithon says...

Movie producers might just want to start with the best known.
*shruggs
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:02 am
Nis says...

No Jadis can't be blonde! I also loved The Magian's Nephew a little more than the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

The Magician's Nephew should have been first, are they going to make it after the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe or is it going to be filmed last?

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:12 pm
Chevy says...

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was perhaps the best in my opinion, then the Magicians nephew. And yes, Jadis did have black hair...when I saw the commercial I was like..."huh?"
Anyway, The Chronicles of Narnia was kind of like my Harry Potter...I guess because it's what I grew up with. I mean, after all...The Chronicles of Narnia has been out for a very, very long time. However, Harry Potter came on the scene when I realized that historical fiction was far more interesting and educational than fantasy anyway.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 91
Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:18 pm
Nox says...

The Voyage of the Dawntrader was the first one I read and I was confused a little until I read the other books.

I can't wait to watch. :D
In all the time we have
There is never enough time
To show what is in our heart.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:14 pm
Bjorn says...

Read the Magicians Nephew and the LtWatW 5 years ago, then re-read them 3 years later, but with the rest of the books. As for the movie, I am gonan watch it sometime around Christmas(after all it is a Christian allegory, for a Christian Holiday...)
Interesting though, I'm gonna watch the 80's BBC TV adaptation right now ^_^

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:07 pm
Fishr says...

Saw the movie. The special effects were AMAZING! When I saw they had Centaurs and a Minataur down to the T, I was estactic, lol. And Aslan, who would have guessed that there was no real lion! That's how good the special effects were, you couldn't tell if you tried. I watch a behind the scenes and saw how they programed Aslan, it was real cool.

And Tumnus, they did a great job with that. The war was cool, creatures coming from every direction. The speciel effects will blow you away for sure, very similar to LOTR's speciel effects. If this movies ever goes 3D, wow! That would be soo cool!

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor