z

Young Writers Society

Favorite horror author and story

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:45 pm
IceCreamMan says...

Whats your favorite horror author or favorite authors? Also, if you have a favorite book or short story, that'd be interesting to hear about.

Mine would have to be H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe. I was just thinking about this question mostly because I got a lovecraft anthology for christmas. I've only read one of the stories and the intro so far though. Ive read a few other Lovecraft stories but not enough to know what my favorite one is. They are all great,as are E. A. P.'s.
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:25 am
faith says...

Lovecraft was either schizophrenic or on acid, that much I am sure of. when he wasn't sinking into esoteric psychadelic ramblings, he was actually a very good suspenseful horror writer. read 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth' its one of his better stories, and he doesn't use the word 'eldritch' once.

p.s. I heart Cthulhu. I have a stuffed Clthulhu and its my friend.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:16 am
IceCreamMan says...

well, actually by now ive already read all but 2 of the stories in the book. I needed to read it really quickly because I have read very little this quarter and I need outside reading stuff for school. I thought that "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" was good, but it wasn't my favorite by far. I enjoyed all of them that I read, but my favorites were "The Call of Cthulhu", "The Dunwich Horror", and "The Outsider." None of them were really "scary" in a sense of modern horror, but they were incredibly well written, with great plots, and they kept you on the edge of your seat. I really like Lovecrafts weird writting style, except for the times when he gets too caried away with his weird words that nobody knows except him and the dictionary.
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:36 am
zelithon says...

Poe
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe