z

Young Writers Society

Inspirations?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:34 pm
*Twilight* says...

What enspires you to write your stories,poems ect?
Almost anything can enspire me it just depends on the mood I'm in. Cause if I'm in a bad mood I don't pay attention to my surroundings and nothing soaks in like it usally dose. Dose anybody know what I'm talking about?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:31 am
Brian says...

What inspires me? These days, I'm not really sure. For a while it was just teenage angst, then it was a girl that I was really good friends, but I wanted it to be more. Nowadays... I don't know. But, I know that I only feel like writing after a long run or when all my other senses are numb; I do my best writing when I'm freezing.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:37 am
Duskglimmer says...

It depends on what I'm currently working on. My poems (which are few and far between and rarely any good) usually come from a need to sort some things (emotions, ideas, etc.) out.

My stories, on the other hand, come from just about everywhere. My current story, THE BEARER, came about when I read CAPTAIN BLOOD by Rafeal Sabatini and became temporarily obsessed with pirates and boats and the ocean. The obession faded, the story stuck around.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:32 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Reading really gets me in the mood for writing. I like books from everywhere, Sci Fi, Fantasy, and History. With these ingredients in place, they begin to combine, producing ideas. The brain, immersed in this solution, quickly begin sucking them in. Unless the process is regularly stimulated, the inspiration fades.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:40 am
Snoink says...

Reading science magazines. Or listening to scientific discoveries on the radio. Or doing calculus homework. :)

Or! Critiquing. Yes, you know my secret.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:33 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Anything and everything :D
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:40 am
Tara says...

I usually just start writing, almost like a freewrite, and let everything just pour out of me. Then I sift through it, and I usually get some interesting ideas.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:19 pm
*Twilight* says...

I guess each person has their way of becoming inspired by something.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:20 pm
Meta-Messiah says...

I had a muse for a bit, i say a bit i mean she was the cause of what i felt was my best stuff, i only wrote though after we split up, and i think now i have exhausted her, and maybe worse poisoned my perceptions. Beauty inspires me, little things like the crystals of ice forming on the world at say 3 in the morning when noone in their right mind should be out. Other art inspires me alot, im prone to having my moods altered alot by art and this is really reflected in my writing.
I wish i had another muse
"Ich weisse jetzt was keine engle weisse" Wings of desire

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:19 am
Bjorn says...

Thinking of Middle-Earth...Yes, Tolkien and his works are a big inspiration for much of what goes down. However, I may write about anything that I'm currently 'in to', currently 19th century naval warfare is on my mind, and I wrote down some ideas concerning the world at war around that time...

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:24 am
Sponson Light says...

Orks, fighting, they way they talk, their technology.
Songs, the beat, the genre. Never metal, almost always ska.
The urge, though that hardly ever comes.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:07 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Beauty, love, fear and death especially inspire me. But I love the totally random things that inspire me....so like I said, pretty much anything turns me on, but especially those 4 lol.
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:48 pm
Nis says...

I usually write whenever a story pops into my head. I mostly read Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Non-Fiction and Crime novels. I get inspirations from my favourite authors C.S. Lewis and Lewis Caroll.

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina