z

Young Writers Society

Affiliates?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:13 am
Areida says...

How do sites get to be affiliates? That is, how are they chosen?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:52 am
Matt Bellamy says...

You have to apply to the company you wanna be an affiliate to, like Google ads for example. Fill in a form, they look at your site and see if it's suitable for them to have their links on, like if it's not got anything on it like violence or bad language etc and if they think it's ok they give you the html for the ads and yo can just put them on your site. Pretty simple, really. I have Google ads on my personal site so they can't be that picky about whos site they use. So far I've made 18 cents but I don't get any money until I reach £100...and since I've had the ads on it for months it's unlikely to ever happen :roll:
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:04 pm
Areida says...

Actually, I just meant on this site, but that's interesting anyway. I never really thought about that kind of stuff.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:10 pm
sabradan says...

what happens is nate assignes all the possible affiliates numbers. Then he waits two weeks for bribes. If no bribes come, then he takes all the numbers, writes them on slips of paper, and puts them in a hat, Then he draws them at random, and the ones that are drawn get to become affiliates. Very scientific, no?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:26 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Its as simple as asking Nate if you can affiliate, or if he asks you to affiliate (that would be even better). But you also have to affiliate him on your site, as in, telling people about YWS.

I don't remember how I got affiliated to YWS. It doesn't matter though, my site is no more.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"