z

Young Writers Society

How do you imagine you writing?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:37 pm
Alec Laine says...

Interesting... I don't usually think about it that much. But I guess I get into a sort of "flow" eventually, where I can go for several days, imagining that I am one of the characters in my book. Then, "as" that character, I write a journal with a few quotes that would be typical for "me", in different situations. Then when I sit down to write, I have a good base around how the characters sound and are to be around.
"SHAMAN" is a action/adventure fiction novel I'm writing, following the adventures of Marcus Lee. Marcus finds a book with a peculiar symbol engraved on the cover. As Marcus digs deeper into the mysteries of the book, he learns about controlled reincarnation.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 pm
Dark Sploosh says...

Flips back and forth between anime and a live action film. Usually depends on the mood, but often I'll visualize it both ways in the same story. I'd say seeing everything done in an anime style is most common, though.
“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”
– Marshal Ferdinand Foch

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:19 pm
LolitaRose says...

I usually see the scenes in and out, as in sometimes I have them completely in my head, while other ones are just to hard for me to grasp.

As for the characters, I can't see their faces either. I can see their clothes and their hair, but I can never focus on the face.
no second thoughts, the knife is nearing
you'll never hear the little pitter patter pitter patter

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 pm
View Likes
Jack-a-Lynn says...

I see what I'm writing as a live action movie while I'm planning or just thinking about the story, but I feel what the character would be feeling while I write. I physicalize it sometimes, to help get into a character's mindset. My mom caught me pacing around the computer room once while I was writing a particularly tense scene where my MC was extremely agitated. :lol:
"We may be starving artists, but humanity's soul would starve in the absence of our efforts".

~Dr. Michael O'Hara
Associate Dean, College of Fine Arts

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:44 pm
Lia says...

I also imagined characters with anime features. That is because I am a very big anime fan. I still do, but for the books that are not that strongly developed in my head. For the ones that I have them close and where the characters are not at all strangers to me, because I know everything about them from the first tooth to their wildest dreams; the images in my head mix, and become either realistic or an anime with great graphics :lol:

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 pm
irishfire says...

Normally, if I get an idea progressed enough to start to imagine what the characters look like, I'll see it in my head like a movie, with the setting, special effects and stuff and once I have that down I focus on the characters. I'll see them with their hair blowing in the wind or them in distress or love. Sometimes, if I'm just laying in bed I'll start to sort've act it out in little movements :smt110 I'm freaky I know :smt043
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby