z

Young Writers Society

how safe is this site to post your work?

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:05 pm
Moonfire92 says...

probably like most people here my dream is to be published in a book or some other form under my real name not a screen name so how safe is this web site to post work? does it offer work protection in any way?
~Becca

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:24 pm
JabberHut says...

*Moved to Lounge*

YWS is more of a writing club, so everything you post is yours and yours alone. It's not officially published when post your piece because, as a writing club, we help each other improve what we do, etc. (And how else can we improve our piece without actually posting it for direct feedback? ;) Rest assured that what you post here will not keep you from publishing it.

If I'm correct, a lot of publishers won't mind, but it's always best to check. Of course, I never tried to publish anything, so someone more qualified could give you a more reliable answer. If the publisher wants you to take it down, it's easy enough to just edit the post and delete the story.
I make my own policies.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:54 pm
Merlin34 says...

Besides, if your story ever did get published, that version would be light-years from the one you have now.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:16 am
asxz says...

I have been published. I entered a story into a competition, and I posted it on here first. The ironic thing was that it was meant to be fore adults who don't usually read, or have reading difficulties, so most of the changes that I made here because of YWS-ers' comments just got edited back out. I might as well have submitted the first draft, even though I only clarified a few things.
Anyways, back to the point. Once I submitted it, I just edited the post, and put: 'XXX-Submitted for publishing' on there. Easy said, easy done. The publishers don't even need to know.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 pm
Nate says...

asxz wrote:The publishers don't even need to know.

Very true. When dealing with something like applications or interviews, always be honest but never reveal information they haven't asked for. Besides, in the legal sense of the word, posting your story on YWS does not mean it's been 'published.'

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare