z

Young Writers Society

the new sims 3 game

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 am
hamerkid2 says...

Alright the Sims 3 was just released in the U.S today, June 2. I, being a hardcore Sims fan, went and purchased the game for fifty dollars. I brought it home and was practically jumping around waiting for it to install. when it was finished i went to play it but got an error message telling me that my computer was not compatible. I spent fifty dollars for a game that didn't even work. The idiot producer of the Sims series has bragged hoe the game will run on older computer. HE IS A LIAR. I you don't have a top of the line computer with the gaming works that has been bought within the last year, don't expect to play the game.
For those of us who play the Sims and cannot afford gaming computers, we will not enjoy the latest Sims game.
THANK YOU EA GAMES!

sorry about the negativity, i am just currently very angry and in need of a lawsuit.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

That really sucks. I got it and it worked pretty well for me. Aww, I feel so bad. Besides a few minor glitches, it worked quickly and well. Darn EA, they always lie! Hopefully something will work out.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

Aww - that's too bad. I hope it works on my laptop, though I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to uninstall the Sims 2 so that the Sims 3 runs faster.

It costs about £40 over here, but I don't think it comes out in the UK until the 7th of June or something.

I can't wait to play it though. It sounds really cool =]

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:19 pm
Curlyqpride says...

Im going to sound like such a nerd, but when I recieve Sim's 3 ive been hoping you can download RPG customised characters to look like your favorite t.v show characters. Goosh, I know I sound like a geek, please don't make me feel like I'm the only one hoping for this. XD
Hello! I go by Curly!

I only give positive reviews because I don't like to give critism for some strange reason. :) If you would like a little sunshine in your story, please PM me!

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:56 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I'm contemplating buying the game, but I also do not have a top of the line computer. It probably wont work unless I uninstall the sims 2 (which I'm actually fine with doing) but it still might not work. Should I even try?
Got YWS?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:55 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I bought it and am installing it as we speak. If you want to know if your computer will run the game, go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and select The Sims 3 from the drop-down box, it will tell you if your computer is high enough spec to run it. If it happens to not run you could sell it, probably for as much as you paid for it, sell it on eBay or get someone else to do it for you. So worth the risk in that way, I think. Not sure whether or not uninstalling the Sims 2 would make any difference to running the game really, apart from freeing up more disc space.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 pm
Dash_ says...

It costs $100 here o.o I paid for it with my work money....

I couldn't install it on my mothers computer so I installed it on Dad's laptop and it took up too much space so we ended up uninstalling it.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm
Cheshire-Writer says...

I gave the Sims3 to my sister for her birthday and she loves it.As for me... not so much. I miss how the Sims people looked kind of like Manga characters on Sims2. However I really do like how you can completely customize you Sims in the sims creator instead of basing your Sims with the same four eye and hair color.

Over all its pretty good but I rather play my Sims2 until Sims3 gets some great add-ons.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:30 pm
Lucinda says...

Ooh, Sims 3? Looks amazing, but I was wondering: I've heard that you can have your Sims do some not-quite-so-G-rated things. But if I wanted to get the game, is all that something that I could avoid, or is it necessary to having my Sims progress? XD
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm
Cheshire-Writer says...

Lucinda wrote:Ooh, Sims 3? Looks amazing, but I was wondering: I've heard that you can have your Sims do some not-quite-so-G-rated things. But if I wanted to get the game, is all that something that I could avoid, or is it necessary to having my Sims progress? XD

You can avoid having your Sims having 'Woo-hoo' (Their term for sex), just make sure that their personality aspiration isn't set to romance because it means they'll be verypromiscuous.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 pm
Lucinda says...

Cheshire-Writer wrote:You can avoid having your Sims having 'Woo-hoo' (Their term for sex), just make sure that their personality aspiration isn't set to romance because it means they'll be verypromiscuous.

Ooh, I see. :) Thanks! Maybe I'll see what I can buy the game for. It was so expensive when it first came out.
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Cheshire-Writer says...

Lucinda wrote:
Cheshire-Writer wrote:You can avoid having your Sims having 'Woo-hoo' (Their term for sex), just make sure that their personality aspiration isn't set to romance because it means they'll be verypromiscuous.

Ooh, I see. :) Thanks! Maybe I'll see what I can buy the game for. It was so expensive when it first came out.

Well last time I checked Sims3 was 50 bucks while Sims2 was 30 or 20 but I live in Canada so the prices could be differnt where you live. You could look up the games on wikipedia to decide because they have a lot of information there. Sims2 has some really nice add on things that you can buy but as I said before the Sims3 doesn't have any at the moment and I don't know if they're going to be that spectacular.

I like the Sims2 Nightlife and Apartment life because Nightlife allows you to make Vampires and Apartment life lets you have Witches. I haven't been able to make a werewolf with the Sims2 pets but I will one day.

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies