z

Young Writers Society

Reviews?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm
Talulahbelle says...

Okaly dokaly...I'm sure you guys are tired of answering my questions, heck I'm tired of seeing my name everywhere! But I've got another one...ready? How do I get more people to review my works? Any tips? I put up 'October' and got one review. Help me out a bit? Is there something that makes more people want to read certain things or is it just you know...luck or something?
Please review me! I'm begging ya! (Yes, I know. I have no dignity.)
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:38 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Hey Talulahbelle

I don't think we've met before so I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. If you want more reviews, I'd suggest posting in the "Will Review for Food" forum. You can find it here: forum188.html

Alternatively you can locate it from Writing Resources > The Writer's Corner > Will Review for Food.

I'm not sure how long you've waited for your piece to be reviewed more, but sometimes it takes a while. If you request reviews in the Will Review for Food forum, you'll get some reviews, but please don't request too many as it does make members irritated, and you'll be less likely to receive the reviews you've asked for. :)

Have a great one!
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm
Nate says...

A great way to get reviews is simply to put a link to the work in your signature with something like "Would Appreciate Reviews."

What happens a lot is that people see that you have reviewed their item, and are inclined to review something of yours but just don't know where to find it. By posting it in your signature with a polite message, you'll pick up more reviews.

However, don't use phrases like "Please Review" or "Click to Review." The former sounds like begging, the latter sounds like commanding. Instead, opt for a tone that is polite and gracious. Some examples are, "Would Appreciate Reviews," "I hope you'll review," or "Got a sec? Check out..."

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 am
MagnusBane says...

Try reviewing other people's stories. They'll be more likely to repay the favor if you're actually contributing to the site and helping other people out instead of just posting your own work everywhere.

And "Will Review For Food" is always a good idea, too, just like Nate and Master_Yoda said. :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren