z

Young Writers Society

Do you prefer to type your stories or write them by hand?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 pm
LilyJamey says...

Well, if I type, there's a much, much higher chance I'll finish whatever I'm working on. So typing for me.

I have been known, however, to write full-length anecdotes on the back of exam papers.
Got YWS?

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:09 pm
canislupis says...

hehe. :)

Typing, but not always. I write stories and longer stuff on the computer, but I like to print it out to edit, because I think it's easier to spot errors in a hardcopy.

I also write poetry by hand, and I always outline and do character sketches by hand.

I've tried writing by hand as well, but since I can think so much faster than I can write, by the time I've finished the first page I've already composed the entire chapter in my head and just have to go type it up. It always gives me ideas though, since I'm compltely focused on the story but not preoccupied with typing fast.

So... typing, for me.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 am
thunder_dude7 says...

I type. First of all, I can type over 60 words a minute, slightly slower when numbers come into the picture. I can't write on paper that fast, so I end up abbreviating everything - I'll leave letters out of words.

I think my mind is thinking "This is too slow! Skip a letter!" and nobody lets me know that I just misspelled a word.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:47 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I like typing best, but I write mostly on notebooks because our family computer is dead boring and I hate sitting at it for long periods of time. But it's also harder to stay focused when I'm writing in a notebook.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:54 pm
winie603 says...

I type pretty fast so I prefer that, and also considering I have the worst handwriting plus I write a bit slow.
Sometimes you're the apple, sometimes you're the mouth- me XD

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 pm
afeefah says...

I prefer to write my stories out by hand. *shrugs* It makes more work for me really, because I have to type them up and I'm not a very fast typer.

Afeefah :D
I am who I am. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't. :wink:

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19