z

Young Writers Society

What's the secret to...

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 am
Mr_Bacon says...

...getting more views&reviews on my work? My first post seemed pretty dead and I decided I didn't like it either, so I took it down. My new first post has only 14 views (half of which were me), and just 1 review.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

(Shameless plug for my story, I'll only do it once: topic51564.html )

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 am
Rosendorn says...

This article might help you. Although you should note that point eight, checking the Lounge or Randomness, is no longer relivant. You can now go to Will Review for Food to request reviews.

Hope this helps. ^^

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 am
Snoink says...

The more you critique (and the better your critiques are!), the more willing people are to review your work. Also, if you do critique and ask people to critique your work, they are usually a lot more receptive to you.

In any case, this isn't a writing tip.

*Moved to the Lounge*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:24 pm
Lauren2010 says...

It also helps if you rate your work. When you are posting you have the option of rating with either G, PG, PG-13, or R (mandatory if it has R rated content to rate it R.) Anyways, some people who browse the writing forumns only even think about looking at peices that are rated (I'm actually just assuming this. I don't know if it's true, I don't do it.)

Also, rating your peice automatically puts it on the home page. I personally am one of those people who will browse through the home page and review works with little reviews already. Plus, your peice will probably catch attention as it is one of the first things people have the opportunity to see.

And as said before, Will Review For Food is a good place to go get reviews and a sure fire way to get reviews is to give reviews. Also, entering contests and winning can often win you a few reviews.

Hope I've helped =)
Got YWS?

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love