z

Young Writers Society

'The Dark Side of Dubai'

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 pm
View Likes
sofi says...

I found this article very interesting to read ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 64368.html

Dubai's a place which is in the news quite a bit these days and is advertised lots so I was interested to see other people's views of Dubai from all the advertising etc. and opinions on this article? I live in Dubai so I'm just interested to hear what others looking at it from the outside think.

I realise it's a very long article and I'm not expecting everyone to read all of it, but if you have the time I'd say it's definatly worth a read and otherwise worth just skimming over.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon May 04, 2009 10:08 am
deleted6 says...

sofi wrote:I found this article very interesting to read ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/co ... 64368.html

Dubai's a place which is in the news quite a bit these days and is advertised lots so I was interested to see other people's views of Dubai from all the advertising etc. and opinions on this article? I live in Dubai so I'm just interested to hear what others looking at it from the outside think.

I realise it's a very long article and I'm not expecting everyone to read all of it, but if you have the time I'd say it's definatly worth a read and otherwise worth just skimming over.

Oh my god! I read the whole article it's wrong just wrong. I can't believe what's going on there, and from what I read it's going to get worse. Just god!
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 am
Exialac says...

The Darkside of the moon...

It's like this everywhere around the world. There's always hidden agendas and questionable ethics.

The first issue they addressed got me depressed about the world again...Time to take my Prozac and Valium.
Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson. You find the present tense and the past perfect.

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100