z

Young Writers Society

Who's your idol?

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Fri May 20, 2005 7:38 pm
Unknown says...

The closest thing to an idol I have is ... TOLKIEN!!! (of course, how predictable) :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri May 20, 2005 7:39 pm
deleted6 says...

Yep
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Mon May 23, 2005 5:43 pm
DarkerSarah says...

I have The Last Samurai, and I just looked at the director: Edward Zwick, not Stephen Spielburg. So, Qi, you can stop hating him for The Last Samurai and go back to liking him for others movies he did.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon May 23, 2005 6:35 pm
deleted6 says...

I think Steven Spielberg deserve an apology meaning me
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon May 23, 2005 6:37 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

writing idol is R.A. salvatore all the way
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Reviews: 2
Fri May 27, 2005 7:44 am
tinkerbell_09 says...

Me, i like Paulo Coelho. His works like "By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept" and "Veronica Decides to Die" are rerally inspiring.
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 27, 2005 10:41 am
Fool says...

As a writer, i admire, Tolkien of course, and C. S Lewis, his works on Narina were the first books on fantasy that i read, and for that i owe him much, but my ultimate idol of the writing world is David Eddings, his work is what first got me started on writing
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:47 pm
Harley says...

my other idol is jack black. he's an awesome musician, and school of rock... rocked. he's really funny, too, and his career is jus, like, whoa. man i wish i could be like him someday- famous, rich and a kick-ass rocker.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:59 am
Rei says...

I'm kind of with Galatea on the issue of idolizing people. But I do have many writers and story-tellers I admire. First and foremost are Jim Henson and George Lucas. Both are geniuses, and I hope I can one day be able to tell stories as skillfully as Henson did, and as Lucas continues to do. I admire Nancy Springer and T. A. Barron for their ability to take famous characters from myth and legend and create new stories that stand strong on their own. I admire all the people who were involved in The Lord of the Rings films for keeping the spirit in their work that has been lost to Hollywood for many years. Stan Lee for creating characters like Spider-Man, Terry Fox (see my non-fiction article, my uncle Lewis, and my cousin Daniel, for their work in Toronto theatre. (Although, incidently, my uncle is also the one who gave us Keanu Reeves. Trust me, he's much more suited to Shakespeare than American movies.)
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:29 am
electricbluemonkey says...

tinkerbell_09 wrote:Me, i like Paulo Coelho. His works like "By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept" and "Veronica Decides to Die" are rerally inspiring.

Oh my god...I'm not the only one who likes Paulo Coelho! He is...AWE SOME! I've just recently read one of his books, "Manual of the Soldier of Light" and it was just one of the best books I've ever read. I loved it. After that I read two of his other books (the ones you stated) and...I can't explain it, but he just...rocks. He's one of the most inspiring authors ever, and he is now one of my idols.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:01 pm
Elizabeth says...

I just found another Idol!
The Pilsberry dough boy.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:33 am
IceCreamMan says...

hawk wrote:Slash. Sure, not a writer/poet whatever, but I can like musical artists, right?

And, of course, Hemingway.

I would have to agree with you on this. The only other person i might think of as an idol more than i do slash would be Jimmy Page, of Led Zeppelin fame. I can't decide really, they are both amazing guitarists and if i could ever be half as good as either of them i would be the happiest person alive.
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:50 pm
Djinni says...

For writing my idols are Jonathan Stroud, Charles Dickens, Stuart Hill and Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay.
For poetry I'm inspired by Lord Byron, John Keats and Percy Shelley.
And for art I'm a very big fan of David Wyatt.

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild