z

Young Writers Society

Random, but I could use a little bit of social advice. .

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:19 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Umm I kinda like this guy at shcool and have now idea how to talk to him or introdice myself, I think he has a slight idea of who I am but I dont know what to say after "Hi I am Tabitha, I think we were in a summer musical together. . ." and thats it, I dont know how to ask him for his email or any thing with-out sounding like im throwing myself at him. . .
Living in a tower

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:08 am
Fireweed says...

Get to know him better first. Don't just spontaneously ask him out.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:52 pm
KailaMarie says...

yah i agree with Fireweed. Don't just be like "Hi, can i have ur email?" cuz it sounds awkward and like uve thought about doing it for like a while.

start a conversation about something, and maybe even pretend a little bit, like instead of saying "We were in a summer play togehter." say "hey, weren't you in that play with me last summer?" then like introduce urself. and maybe talk about things you would both know about, like maybe some of the other people that did that summer thing with u. When i talk to a guy i like i always act overly casual, which isn't always a good thing, but it plays it safe i think.

good luck, Kaila
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:06 pm
Blink says...

Hiya!

Ye, get to know the guy first. You might want to check out the group for this type of thing; click the group link and search for the By Teens 4 Teens usergroup. You can post some agony aunt things and get some down to earth replies, you can discuss relationship stuff and all that.

Sorry--sounds like an ad, but check it out!
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:09 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Wouldn't the "Teen Romance Club" ( TRC ) be a more appropriate group for this sort of thing? Perhaps not, tho. I'd try both.

My advice? Make friends with him and hang out together for at least a couple of months before you make a move. Make sure you know the guy first, for chrissake.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 pm
Snoink says...

I would just smile and ask him if he wanted to go out. But I'm a bit of an idiot at times and slightly fearless. ;)

If you don't feel the same, which is probable, just find out about him. He won't want to talk to you very much if he has no idea who you are.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:43 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Wouldn't the "Teen Romance Club" ( TRC ) be a more appropriate group for this sort of thing?

No, the TRC is for writers of teen romantic fiction. BT4T is the most appropriate group for this.

Anyway, the problem. Don't try asking him out right away. Never works. Get to know him, see if there are possiblities or if you even get along, and see what happens.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:55 pm
Tusker93 says...

Just start speaking to him - guys love it. Make eye contact with him a couple times before you speak to him though earlier in the day or else it might come as a little bit of a surprise and could be really embarassing if he doesn't remember you.

It should be along the lines of

"Hey I think we were in the school musical together, I'm Tabitha btw. Call me (assuming you have a nickname)."

"Oh hey bla bla blah I'm *name*."

You've got to find common ground on topics - so I suppose bring up about how he did in the school musical or what he thought about it etc - then you get an idea of what to talk about. If your really speechless after a few sentences talk about school, what lessons he has next, what teachers he has, what he thinks - whatever really.

That's just for striking up a conversation really - dunno if I've helped much but thats just what I could think of off the top of my head.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:06 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Guess what my m8 did to get his number, acted shy and hung around near him, got her friends to talk for her and she got his number :D
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien